Origonal recipe served at Goudies Department store in Kitchener Ontario and is dedicated to Mike who's Grandmother worked at the store restaurant.
- 1 Lb. lean ground beef
- 1 green pepper chopped
- 2 large onions chopped
- 1 can kidney beans
- 1 can heinz tomato soup
- 1 can crushed seasoned tomatoes
- 1 tsp. brown sugar
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 tsp. chillie powder
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 10mins
Cost Budget Friendly
In a large sauce pan, brown ground beef and drain.
Add all ingredients to ground beef and simmer.
You'll also love
- Loaded Hash Brown Casserole 3/5 (4 Votes)
- A Tasty Salmon Bake 3/5 (12 Votes)
- Macaroni and Cheese 3/5 (21 Votes)
- Roast Beef Sliced Sandwich 3/5 (21 Votes)
- Six Layer Dinner 2.9/5 (16 Votes)
- Rice Krispies Hot Dish 3.3/5 (39 Votes)
- Cocktail Dogs 2.9/5 (20 Votes)
- Quinoa Sweet Potato Chili 2.7/5 (25 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Looking for an easy snack or party appetizer? These little beef pockets are a pinch!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 lb ground beef
- A pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- Mix flour, sugar, salt, milk, and water in a pan, and mix until you form a dough.
- In a saucepan, heat a splash of olive oil and add the onion. Cook on medium-high until onion has softened.
- Add the ground beef, and add the salt, water, and tomato sauce. When the meat has browned, remove from heat.
- Dust a flat surface with flour, and roll out the dough into a flat sheet.
- Use a ramekin or cup to cut out circles.
- Add a dollop of beef-tomato mixture to the center of each circle.
- Pinch the dough into a little pocket.
- Bake in the oven at 350° F for 15 minutes.