Spicy Jalepeno Chili with Cheese
- 1 LB ground sirloin
- 1 onion
- 2 jalapenos with juice
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 3 cans chili beans
- 1 t garlic
- 2 T brown sugar
- 1 chili packet
- 3 C shredded cheese
Level of difficulty Average
Cooking time 45mins
Cost Average budget
In a large pan, brown beef. Add chopped onion while browning.
Add rest of the ingredients, mixing well and cook 45 minutes, stirring occasionally on med- low heat.
Ladle out in bowls and top with shredded cheese.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Looking for an easy snack or party appetizer? These little beef pockets are a pinch!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 lb ground beef
- A pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- Mix flour, sugar, salt, milk, and water in a pan, and mix until you form a dough.
- In a saucepan, heat a splash of olive oil and add the onion. Cook on medium-high until onion has softened.
- Add the ground beef, and add the salt, water, and tomato sauce. When the meat has browned, remove from heat.
- Dust a flat surface with flour, and roll out the dough into a flat sheet.
- Use a ramekin or cup to cut out circles.
- Add a dollop of beef-tomato mixture to the center of each circle.
- Pinch the dough into a little pocket.
- Bake in the oven at 350° F for 15 minutes.