Easy Bean and Pepper Chili
- 3 lbs ground turkey or beef
- 8 assorted color bell peppers, sliced
- 3 large onions, sliced
- 1 can kidney beans
- 1 large or two medium cans whole peeled plum tomatoes
- salt & pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- shredded cheddar cheese
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
In large pot, brown meat in olive oil, drain liquid.
Add salt, pepper, and garlic powder, stir well.
Add peeled tomatoes, stir well. Use spatula or large spoon to break up tomatoes. Add sliced peppers and onions (pot will be full), cover and cook over medium heat until peppers and onions soften.
Add chili powder, stir bottom to top to mix peppers & onions with meat.
Cover and continue to cook over medium heat for one hour.
Add kidney beans.
Cook at least another 45 minutes...the longer the better.
Serve topped with shredded cheddar cheese.
You'll also love
- Stuffed Tomatoes 4.8/5 (99 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Macaroni and Cheese 4/5 (173 Votes)
- Pappy John's Hot Dog Sauce 2.8/5 (229 Votes)
- Algerian Bourek Chicken 4.6/5 (113 Votes)
- Savories- Cheese and Onion... 2.9/5 (218 Votes)
- Blue Burger 4.7/5 (76 Votes)
- Tortilla Pie 4.2/5 (111 Votes)
- Beef with Pear Sauce 4.7/5 (93 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Looking for an easy snack or party appetizer? These little beef pockets are a pinch!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 lb ground beef
- A pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- Mix flour, sugar, salt, milk, and water in a pan, and mix until you form a dough.
- In a saucepan, heat a splash of olive oil and add the onion. Cook on medium-high until onion has softened.
- Add the ground beef, and add the salt, water, and tomato sauce. When the meat has browned, remove from heat.
- Dust a flat surface with flour, and roll out the dough into a flat sheet.
- Use a ramekin or cup to cut out circles.
- Add a dollop of beef-tomato mixture to the center of each circle.
- Pinch the dough into a little pocket.
- Bake in the oven at 350° F for 15 minutes.