On-the-go - 2 recipes
Chef Tips and Tricks
These Spanish empanadas are little hot pockets of delicious!
- 2.25 Cups of flour
- 1 Egg, beaten
- 3 Tsp. of lard
- 1/5 Cup of warm water
- 5 Tsp. of olive oil
- 1 Onion, minced
- 1/2 pound of ground beef
- Salt and pepper, to season
- 1 Tsp. of chili powder
- 1 Tsp. of cumin
- 2 Garlic cloves, diced
- 1 Can of diced tomatoes
- In a bowl, combine the flour, beaten egg, lard, warm water, and olive oil, and mix thoroughly.
- In a hot pan, pour a little olive oil and sautée the onions, until tender. Add the ground beef, salt, pepper, chili powder, cumin, garlic and diced tomatoes. Cook until beef is no longer pink, and the flavors have incorporated well.
- Roll out the empanada dough, and cut out circles with a ramekin.
- Cover a baking tray with a piece of parchment paper, and place the dough circles on top.
- Fill with meat mixture, fold in half and press with the edge of a fork. Brush with egg yolk to glaze.
- Cook at 350°F for 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden.
- Remove from oven... and enjoy!
Top rated On-the-go recipes
Slow cooker Oatmeal
Ellia doesn't even like it at the tender age of 8, but she insisted we put it in the recipe book! Great for an on-t
- 1 cup steel cut oats
- 2 peeled and diced apples
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup brown sugar scant
- dab of butter if you want
- splash of vanilla if you want
- 3 1/2 cups water
Healthy Dark Chocolate No-Bake Bars
By Makiko Murakami
These no-bake bars are loaded with nutritious ingredients but taste sinfully rich, chocolate-y and delicious! They'...
- 5 3/4 ounces (2 cups) old-fashioned rolled oats
- 4 ounces (1 cup) pecans
- 3 1/2 ounces (1 cup) slivered almonds
- 5 1/2 ounces (1 cup, halved and packed in) pitted medjool dates
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces (1 1/3 cup) dark chocolate baking chips
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract