On-the-go - 2 recipes
Chef Tips and Tricks
These mini cherry pies are so cute, we could eat them right up!
- Apricot, diced
- Apple, diced
- Almond Flakes
- White sugar
- Brown sugar
- Baking powder
- Egg Yolk
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Roll out some dough, and then use a cup or a cookie cutter to cut the dough into circles.
- Place each circle into the cavities of a silicone muffin mould (or greased tin), and press into the bottom and along the sides.
- Pit the cherries, and throw into a pot.
- Add sugar, baking powder, and water, and simmer until it thickens to a saucy consistency.
- Use a spoon to fill each pie to 2/3 to the top.
- Optional: for a bit of variety, you can also fill the pies with apricots + brown sugar + butter, or apples + brown sugar + almond flakes.
- For the lattice crust: use a pizza slicer to cut out thin strips of dough, then lace together to form a lattice.
- Use a cup to cut the lattice into circles, then gently place on top of the uncooked pies.
- Brush with egg yolk and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake the pies at 350° F for 25 minutes, or until golden.
- Let cool for 15 minutes, then gently lift the pies out with the edge of a knife.
Top rated On-the-go recipes
Slow cooker Oatmeal
Ellia doesn't even like it at the tender age of 8, but she insisted we put it in the recipe book! Great for an on-t
- 1 cup steel cut oats
- 2 peeled and diced apples
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup brown sugar scant
- dab of butter if you want
- splash of vanilla if you want
- 3 1/2 cups water
Healthy Dark Chocolate No-Bake Bars
By Makiko Murakami
These no-bake bars are loaded with nutritious ingredients but taste sinfully rich, chocolate-y and delicious! They'...
- 5 3/4 ounces (2 cups) old-fashioned rolled oats
- 4 ounces (1 cup) pecans
- 3 1/2 ounces (1 cup) slivered almonds
- 5 1/2 ounces (1 cup, halved and packed in) pitted medjool dates
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces (1 1/3 cup) dark chocolate baking chips
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract