Our favorite healthy pecan recipes - 4 recipes
Chef Tips and Tricks
Make this delicious, melt-in-your-mouth chocolate soufflé for you and two friends!
- 3 mugs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup chocolate chunks or chips
- 4 eggs
- Brown sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Set your stove on a low heat setting.
- In a sauce pan, add the milk, powdered sugar, cocoa powder, and salt. Mix well over low heat.
- Once the mixture thickens to a doughy texture, remove from the heat.
- Add chocolate chunks and stir thoroughly.
- Separate the egg yolks and egg whites into two separate bowls.
- Add the egg yolks to the chocolate mixture. Stir thoroughly.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the egg whites into stiff peaks.
- Add the whipped egg whites to the batter and gently fold them in.
- Using a cube of butter in your fingers, line the mugs with a coat of butter, then top with a coat of brown sugar. Tilt and shake the mug until the sugar sticks to the butter in a consistent layer all over the inside of the cup.
- Pour the batter equally into each of the 3 cups.
- Put the cups on a baking tray and place in the oven for 20 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Serve and enjoy!
Top rated Healthy pecan recipes
Healthy Chicken Salad
By Bourbon Barrel Foods, Bourbon Barrel Foods
Mix all ingredients except the bread and lettuce together in a large mixing bowl
- Click this link to explore all of Bourbon Barrel Food's exciting products: Bourbon Barrel Foods
- 2 cups shredded chicken
- 1/4 c greek yogurt
- 1/4 c light mayonnaise
- 1/4 c dried cranberries
- 1/4 c toasted and chopped pecans
- 1/3 c diced celery
- 1 1/2 TBS Pure Cane Sorghum
- 2 TBS Bourbon Smoked Pepper
- 1 TBS Bourbon Smoked Salt
Maple Kale and Fuji Apple Salad the Super Food Salad
A healthy salad featuring nutrient dense kale and radicchio greens, accented with crispy pancetta, sugared walnuts ...
- Pecans, halves 2 cups
- Powdered sugar 1/2 cup
- Cayenne pepper 1/2 teaspoon
- Cumin, ground 1/4 teaspoon
- Kosher salt 1/4 teaspoon
- Olive oil 1/4 cup
- Pancetta, sliced and small diced 6 oz
- Sherry vinegar 1/2 cup
- Caper brine 1/4 cup
- Maple syrup 6 Tablespoons
- Black pepper, ground 1/2 teaspoon
- Fuji apples, julienned cut 2 each
- Radicchio, shredded 1 head
- Kale, stemmed, finely shredded 8 oz
- Fresh chives, small sliced 3 Tablespoons
- Fresh tarragon, finely chopped 1 Tablespoon
- Dried cherries 3/4 cup
- Pecorino Romano cheese, shaved 2 oz
Roasted Potato Medley
By dizzybusyandhungry, Dizzy Busy and Hungry
Roasted Potato Medley - Sweet potatoes, white potatoes, red potatoes, and red onions roasted in garlic with olive o...
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 2 russet potatoes
- 3 red potatoes
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1½ teaspoons garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 cup red onion, chopped
- ¾ cup dried cranberries
- ¼ cup parsley, chopped
- ½ cup pecans, chopped
Healthy Dark Chocolate No-Bake Bars
By Makiko Murakami
These no-bake bars are loaded with nutritious ingredients but taste sinfully rich, chocolate-y and delicious! They'...
- 5 3/4 ounces (2 cups) old-fashioned rolled oats
- 4 ounces (1 cup) pecans
- 3 1/2 ounces (1 cup) slivered almonds
- 5 1/2 ounces (1 cup, halved and packed in) pitted medjool dates
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces (1 1/3 cup) dark chocolate baking chips
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract