How To Make Perfect Roast Potatoes
Creamy, crispy, and packed with flavor, roast potatoes make the ultimate side dish. Learn how to perfect them with these chef-approved techniques!
Choose The Right Spud
Different varieties of potato will cook differently according to their size and texture. Opt for floury potatoes, which are drier, high in starch, and perfect for roasting. Russet and Yukon Gold potatoes are ideal. Renowned chefs Jamie Oliver and Heston Blumenthal endorse the Maris Piper potato for its fluffy consistency.
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
Combine summer zucchini with leftover mashed potatoes for a delicious, savory treat!
- 5 Potatoes
- 1.5 Cup shredded zucchini
- 3/4 Cup shredded cheese
- 3/ Cup milk
- 1/3 Cup coriander, chopped
- 1/3 Cup basil, chopped
- Parmesan, to sprinkle
- Salt and pepper, to season
- Chop the potatoes in half, boil until very tender and drain.
- In a bowl, combine the potatoes and zucchini. Add the grated cheese, milk, coriander, basil, salt and pepper, and mix thoroughly.
- On a baking tray, spoon out the zucchini-potato mixture and form into balls.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan and grated cheese, and bake at 350°F for 15 minutes.
- When golden, remove from oven... and enjoy!