Our best silly salt recipes - 5 recipes
You can buy Paula Deen’s silly salt online or you can make the recipe at home with your own seasoning ingredients! Whether it’s a homemade version of Paula Deen’s silly salt or simply a Paula Deen inspired silly salt, these seasoning mixes will add blasts of flavor to whatever you’re making. Seriously, you can even put silly salt in salsa!
Chef Tips and Tricks
All you need is 3 main ingredients to make this Chocolate Strawberry Braid for dessert tonight!
- 7-9 medium-sized strawberries
- 1 puff pastry
- 1 chocolate bar
- 1 egg yolk
- Almond slivers
- Powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut the strawberries into halves.
- Dust some flour on a flat surface and spread your puff pastry out on top, smoothing it into a rectangle shape if necessary.
- Place the bar of chocolate in the center, then top with a layer of strawberry halves.
- Using a pizza cutter or a knife, slice the edges of the puff pastry into strips that can be wrapped over the chocolate and strawberries. Starting with the flap at the top, fold over each strip in a slightly diagonal direction so that they resemble a braid.
- Brush the braid with a beaten egg yolk so that it covers the entire visible surface.
- Sprinkle almond slivers on top.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes.
- Give the braid a few minutes to cool down, then cover with a dusting of powdered sugar.
- Serve and enjoy!
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
- 3 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon celery salt
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
Another variation of silly salt
Top rated Silly salt recipes
Paula’S House Seasoning, Paula'S Silly Salt & Paula'S Corny Salsa
Here is a homemade version of Paula Deen's Silly Salt that is super easy to make and absolutely worth it
- Listed below for each recipe!
The Ultimate List of Calorie Bombs Across the US
You won't believe how many calories are hiding in some of your fave restaurant chain foods. From healthy to heavy options, we look at the worst offenders.
Silly SaltYUM!Food Porn
By Gitanjali Roche
If you want to make silly salt from scratch, this recipe is the way to go!
- 1/2 cup kosher salt
- 1/4 cup finely ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup onion powder
- 1/4 cup garlic powder
- 4 tablespoons dried parsley (give it a whiz in your food processor to grind it to a fine powder)
- 4 tablespoons dried thyme (give it a whiz in your food processor to grind it to a fine powder)
5 things you MUST DO before going grocery shopping!!
By Fanny Rivron
5 tips for a stress-free grocery store experience
Silly salt mix
By Receitas sem Fronteiras, Receitas sem Fronteiras
Copycat version of Paula Deens silly salt
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon mustard powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
Homemade Silly SaltRecipewe ♡
This is a great homemade recipe, loosely based on Paula Deen's Silly Salt
- 4 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon thyme
- 1 tablespoon savory
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon paprika