Our best silly salt recipes - 5 recipes
You can buy Paula Deen’s silly salt online or you can make the recipe at home with your own seasoning ingredients! Whether it’s a homemade version of Paula Deen’s silly salt or simply a Paula Deen inspired silly salt, these seasoning mixes will add blasts of flavor to whatever you’re making. Seriously, you can even put silly salt in salsa!
Chef Tips and Tricks
Two of your favorite desserts come together...in the most DELICIOUS of ways!
- 1 1/2 cups of chocolate chunks or chips
- 1 stick of butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- Preheat the oven to 320°F.
- Add the chocolate and butter to an oven-safe mixing bowl and place in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove, and set the oven to preheat to 350°F. The mixture should now be a thin chocolate sauce.
- Stir in the sugar.
- Add the egg and stir until blended.
- Add vanilla and stir.
- In a separate mixing bowl, add the flour, a pinch of salt, a pinch of sugar, and cocoa powder.
- Blend the ingredients together.
- Using a sifter, add the dry ingredients into the chocolate batter, then mix all ingredients together thoroughly.
- Pour half of the mixture into a foil-lined baking tin.
- Smooth out the batter, then top with a layer of Oreo cookies.
- Pour the rest of the batter on top and smooth evenly.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Serve and enjoy!
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
- 3 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon celery salt
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
Another variation of silly salt
Top rated Silly salt recipes
Paula’S House Seasoning, Paula'S Silly Salt & Paula'S Corny Salsa
Here is a homemade version of Paula Deen's Silly Salt that is super easy to make and absolutely worth it
- Listed below for each recipe!
The Ultimate List of Calorie Bombs Across the US
You won't believe how many calories are hiding in some of your fave restaurant chain foods. From healthy to heavy options, we look at the worst offenders.
Silly SaltYUM!Food Porn
By Gitanjali Roche
If you want to make silly salt from scratch, this recipe is the way to go!
- 1/2 cup kosher salt
- 1/4 cup finely ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup onion powder
- 1/4 cup garlic powder
- 4 tablespoons dried parsley (give it a whiz in your food processor to grind it to a fine powder)
- 4 tablespoons dried thyme (give it a whiz in your food processor to grind it to a fine powder)
5 things you MUST DO before going grocery shopping!!
By Fanny Rivron
5 tips for a stress-free grocery store experience
Silly salt mix
By Receitas sem Fronteiras, Receitas sem Fronteiras
Copycat version of Paula Deens silly salt
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon mustard powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
Homemade Silly SaltRecipewe ♡
This is a great homemade recipe, loosely based on Paula Deen's Silly Salt
- 4 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon thyme
- 1 tablespoon savory
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon paprika