Our best silly salt recipes - 5 recipes
You can buy Paula Deen’s silly salt online or you can make the recipe at home with your own seasoning ingredients! Whether it’s a homemade version of Paula Deen’s silly salt or simply a Paula Deen inspired silly salt, these seasoning mixes will add blasts of flavor to whatever you’re making. Seriously, you can even put silly salt in salsa!
Chef Tips and Tricks
Check out our delicious spin on the classic Brazilian cake, with Fererro Rochers and Kit-Kat!
For the batter:
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup of cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons neutral oil
- 1 cup of of natural yogurt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
For the frosting:
- 2 cups chocolate chunks
- 3 cans of condensed milk
- 2 and 1/2 cups thickened cream
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- In a pan, melt together the condensed milk, the chocolates in pieces and the butter. Slowly fold in the thickened cream. Mix, without stopping, until it is smooth and thick.
- Transfer to the refrigerator and allow to cool for 1 hour.
- In a bowl, mix together the eggs and sugar. Add the oil and mix again.
- In another bowl mix together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and the bicarbonate soda. Pour in the egg mixture, mix together, then add the yogurt.
Grease and sprinkle cocoa powder inside two springform pans. Divide the batter mixture between them, then bake at 360°F for approximately 20 minutes.
- Remove the cakes from the oven, and allow to cool.
- Spread some of the frosting between the layers of the cake, and generously spread around the outside.
- Decorate the cake with Kit Kats, extra frosting and Fererro Rochers, in your style!
For more food buzz and delightful recipes, follow us on Facebook!
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
- 3 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon celery salt
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
Another variation of silly salt
Top rated Silly salt recipes
Paula’S House Seasoning, Paula'S Silly Salt & Paula'S Corny Salsa
Here is a homemade version of Paula Deen's Silly Salt that is super easy to make and absolutely worth it
- Listed below for each recipe!
The Ultimate List of Calorie Bombs Across the US
You won't believe how many calories are hiding in some of your fave restaurant chain foods. From healthy to heavy options, we look at the worst offenders.
Silly SaltYUM!Food Porn
By Gitanjali Roche
If you want to make silly salt from scratch, this recipe is the way to go!
- 1/2 cup kosher salt
- 1/4 cup finely ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup onion powder
- 1/4 cup garlic powder
- 4 tablespoons dried parsley (give it a whiz in your food processor to grind it to a fine powder)
- 4 tablespoons dried thyme (give it a whiz in your food processor to grind it to a fine powder)
5 things you MUST DO before going grocery shopping!!
By Fanny Rivron
5 tips for a stress-free grocery store experience
Silly salt mix
By Receitas sem Fronteiras, Receitas sem Fronteiras
Copycat version of Paula Deens silly salt
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon mustard powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
Homemade Silly SaltRecipewe ♡
This is a great homemade recipe, loosely based on Paula Deen's Silly Salt
- 4 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon thyme
- 1 tablespoon savory
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon paprika