Paula’S House Seasoning, Paula'S Silly Salt & Paula'S Corny Salsa
Basic recipes that tie recipes together in the book
Here is a homemade version of Paula Deen's Silly Salt that is super easy to make and absolutely worth it.
- Listed below for each recipe!
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 15mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Paula’s House Seasoning Recipe
1 cup salt
1/4 cup black pepper
1/4 cup garlic powder
Add onion powder according to preference
Paula Deen Silly Salt is a mixture of salt, onion, and garlic powders, spices, oil, and lemon flavor.
4 large ripe tomatoes cubed
1 small onion chopped
1 jalapeno pepper, deseeded, deveined, and chopped (wear gloves)
3 tbsp fresh cilantro, minced
1 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp lime juice
1/2 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed, and lightly crushed
1 cup corn kernels
For the salsa:
In a large bowl, mix all of the ingredients together.
Serve immediately or chill it in the refridgerator.
I often quote myself. It adds spice to my conversation.
You'll also love
- Moong Daal Recipe 4.3/5 (12 Votes)
- Sassy Fruit Cocktail 4.3/5 (13 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Silly Salt 4.2/5 (138 Votes)
- Yellow Squash Soup 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Asian Chicken Salad 4.3/5 (10 Votes)
- 3 Ingredient Ranch Cheeseball 4.7/5 (29 Votes)
- Taco Pie!!! 4.3/5 (47 Votes)
- Easy Yorkshire Puddings 4.7/5 (38 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These baked Cheesy Eggplant Hedgehogs are totally adorable, tasty and really easy to make!
- 3 large eggplants
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cup shredded cheese
- Mix the olive oil, chopped basil, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Carefully slice the eggplant on it's side in a cross-hatch pattern, without cutting all the way through.
- Lay the eggplants inside an oven-safe baking tray.
- Pour the oil mixture over the eggplants, taking care to pour between the slices.
- Stuff the gaps in the eggplant with shredded cheese.
- Cook in the oven at 355°F for 45 minutes, until the flesh is cooked and the cheese totally melted.
- Serve and enjoy!