- 1/4 cup butter
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 package Taco Bell seasoning mix
- 2 1/2 cups mashed potato flakes (you could also use left over mashed potatoes and omit the butter and milk)
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 medium tomato
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- Sour cream
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium sauce pan, melt butter. Add milk and 2 tablespoon taco seasoning.
Remove from heat and add potato flakes until incorporated. Press mixture into the bottom of a 10-inch pan.
Bake for 7-10 minutes until it just BARELY turns golden brown.
In a medium skillet, cook beef and onions until beef is browned and cooked through. Drain. Add Salsa and
remaining taco seasoning. Cook until bubbly. Pour into crust. Bake for 15 minutes, or until crust is golden brown.
Let cool for 5 minutes.
Top with cheese, lettuce, and tomatoes. Cut and serve with sour cream.
You'll also love
- Whole wheat Vegetable Lasagna 4.3/5 (48 Votes)
- Empanadas 4.2/5 (49 Votes)
- Overstuffed Chicken Taco 4.6/5 (19 Votes)
- Ashley's Nova Scotia & Lox 4.4/5 (33 Votes)
- Broccoli & Wild Rice Casserole 3.9/5 (74 Votes)
- Turkey Bacon Crepes 4.5/5 (21 Votes)
- Onion tart 4.6/5 (36 Votes)
- Bottomless Strawberry Apple Pie 4.5/5 (21 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Craving sweet? This rustic cherry tart is easy, quick and delicious!
- 1 shortcrust pastry
- 3 cups / 750 g. of cherries
- 1/3 cup / 60 g. of sugar
- 2/3 cup / 60 g. of almond flour
- 4 tbsp. of brown sugar
- A dash of milk
- Mix the cherries and sugar together. Let stand 20 minutes.
- Spread or roll out the shortcrust pastry, sprinkle with almond powder and brown sugar.
- Place the cherries in the center of the dough, leaving about 2 inches of free dough on the edges. Fold in the edges.
- Brush with milk (this will make the crust go golden), sprinkle with brown sugar and bake for 20 minutes at 350°F/180°C.
- Top with a handful of chopped pistachios, and serve!