This is a healthy wrap that is very filling.
- 8 tortillas
- 2 cups romaine lettuce, shredded
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- Hot sauce
- 2 cups chickpeas, drained and washed
- 1 cup split yellow peas
- 5 jalapenos, diced
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 pitas, stale or breadcrumbs
- 1 sweet onion, diced
- 2 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tbsp coriander
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 10mins
Cost Average budget
Soak split yellow peas overnight. Grind all falafel ingredients into a paste.
Make into golf ball sized rounds. Freeze overnight.
Deep fry falafels until golden or for a healthier version, brush with oil and broil a few minutes each side.
On a tortilla, layer lettuce, tomato, and 3 falafels. Top with tzatziki and hot sauce. Roll into a burrito.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
These baked Cheesy Eggplant Hedgehogs are totally adorable, tasty and really easy to make!
- 3 large eggplants
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cup shredded cheese
- Mix the olive oil, chopped basil, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Carefully slice the eggplant on it's side in a cross-hatch pattern, without cutting all the way through.
- Lay the eggplants inside an oven-safe baking tray.
- Pour the oil mixture over the eggplants, taking care to pour between the slices.
- Stuff the gaps in the eggplant with shredded cheese.
- Cook in the oven at 355°F for 45 minutes, until the flesh is cooked and the cheese totally melted.
- Serve and enjoy!