Sour Cream and Chive Chops
A wonderful recipe for pork, veal or lamb chops, covered with a creamy onion sauce.
- 4 pork
- veal or lamb chops
- 1 egg
- 1 cup of bread crumbs
- 2 Tablespoons of butter
- 1 cup of beef or chicken broth
- 1 cup of sour cream
- 2 Tablespoons of chives (dried) 3 Tablespoons of fresh chives
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 30mins
Cost Average budget
Prepare chops for cooking by washing them with water and tamping them dry with a paper towel.
In large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Beat egg until frothy. Dip each into the beaten egg, generously sprinkle both sides of chops with salt and pepper, and pat chops into bread crumbs, coating them evenly.
Add chops to skillet. Cook 8 to 10 minutes, turning once, until meat thermometer inserted in center reads 145°F. Remove chops to plate; cover to keep warm.
Add broth to warm skillet. Cook about 5 minutes, stirring frequently until cooked breadcrumbs come loose from the bottom of the pan. Add sour cream and stir with whisk, until the sour cream is blended with the broth and sauce is smooth. Stir in 3 tablespoons of the chives.
Spoon sauce over chops, sprinkle with remaining chives, if desired and serve with your favorite vegetables.
You'll also love
- Stuffed Eggplant 3.9/5 (441 Votes)
- Panera Bread Chicken Noodle Soup 3.9/5 (311 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn These are the sweet 'n' sour spare... 4.9/5 (209 Votes)
- Pistachio crusted Lamb Lollipops 3.1/5 (14 Votes)
- Lamb chops and carrots with orange 3/5 (17 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.