Puerto Rican meat turn-overs in a crispy fried dough.
- 1 lb ground beef
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons Sofrito
- 1 packet Sazon
- 1/4 to 1/2 can tomato sauce
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 diced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 10 diced olives
- corn oil or Crisco for frying
- Goya dough circles
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 60mins
Cost Average budget
Heat olive oil in skillet. Add onions, garlic, Sazon, olives, oregano, and Sofrito. Simmer 8-10 minutes.
Add tomato sauce, stir. Add ground beef, simmer until meat is thoroughly cooked.
Separate dough circles, wet the outer edge of circles with water. Place 3-4 Tablespoons meat to one side of each dough circle, fold over and seal edge closed with a fork.
Fry in HOT oil or Crisco, drain on paper towels...enjoy!
You'll also love
- Albondigas 4.2/5 (24 Votes)
- Feel-Better Chicken Noodle Soup 4.7/5 (6 Votes)
- Mexican Tortilla Lasagna 4.3/5 (16 Votes)
- Crab Rangoon 4.3/5 (12 Votes)
- Denny's Fried Cheese Melt 4.2/5 (29 Votes)
- Theresa 4.2/5 (27 Votes)
- liver and onions 2.9/5 (8 Votes)
- Puerto Rican Shredded Pork 2.8/5 (12 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These quick and easy chicken quesadillas are the perfect, last-minute family dinner!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup of tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup of chives, chopped
- 1 tsp. of Mexican spice mix
- 4 Tortillas
- Salt, to taste
- Put shredded chicken breast, tomato sauce, chives, and mexican spice mix in a bowl and mix together.
- Lay out the tortillas. Place a slice of cheddar in the center, and cover with the chicken mix.
- Fold up tortillas, and heat in a frying pan until golden.
Review this recipe