The zucchini dish you haven't tried: Japanese zucchini tempura
Zucchini pasta is all the rage right now, but what about preparing the versatile vegetable in a mischievous way, cooked up Tempura-style?
Japanese zucchini tempura
Zucchini is having a major moment right now, especially with Paleo, gluten-free, and low-carb diets dominating the food world. Well, we're going to play the devil's advocate and give you this step-by-step recipe to some totally breaded, totally delish Japanese zucchini tempura.
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
Combine summer zucchini with leftover mashed potatoes for a delicious, savory treat!
- 5 Potatoes
- 1.5 Cup shredded zucchini
- 3/4 Cup shredded cheese
- 3/ Cup milk
- 1/3 Cup coriander, chopped
- 1/3 Cup basil, chopped
- Parmesan, to sprinkle
- Salt and pepper, to season
- Chop the potatoes in half, boil until very tender and drain.
- In a bowl, combine the potatoes and zucchini. Add the grated cheese, milk, coriander, basil, salt and pepper, and mix thoroughly.
- On a baking tray, spoon out the zucchini-potato mixture and form into balls.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan and grated cheese, and bake at 350°F for 15 minutes.
- When golden, remove from oven... and enjoy!