Gluten Free Spinach and Sweet Potato Tart
Gluten Free Spinach and Sweet Potato Tart. Discover our recipe.
- 1 large sweet potato
- 1 TBSP ground flax
- 3 TBSP warm water
- 1 TBSP melted coconut oil
- 2 TBSP Italian seasoning
- 1 TBSP coconut oil
- 2 shallots
- ¾ of a large box of spinach
- or 2 bags
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 5 sun-dried tomatoes (I used in oil)
- ½ cup ricotta cheez (see below)
- ½ cup gluten-free breadcrumbs
- salt and pepper to taste
- Ricotta Cheez (Adapted from the Simple Veganista)
- 1 and ½ cups raw cashews
- ½ cup water
- 1 lemon
- 1 TBSP nutritional yeast
- 1 clove garlic
- ¼ tsp salt (more if you like it salty)
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 65mins
Cost Average budget
Adapted from healthyeatingandliving.ca
To make the cheez: soak the cashews in water for 2-3 hours. Then drain and blend until the consistency is similar to cheese.
To make the base: preheat your oven to 375F. Mix the ground flax with water and reserve. Grate the sweet potato, then mix the grated sweet potato with the ground flax & water mixture, then coconut oil and the Italian seasoning. Press into a 9x9 baking dish, and bake for 30-35 minutes or until golden in color.
To make the filling: Heat the oil, add the shallots and cook until transparent. Add the spinach, tomatoes, peas and cook until the vegetables are done, but still crisp and not overcooked.
Transfer this mixture to a bowl and add the cheez. Then put on top of the base, and top with breadcrumbs.
Bake at 350F for 30 minutes.
You'll also love
- Spinach and ricotta cannelloni 2.9/5 (297 Votes)
- Whole wheat Vegetable Lasagna 4.3/5 (48 Votes)
- Grilled Yam Delights 2.9/5 (47 Votes)
- Rabbit with Pastis Liqueur 3.8/5 (37 Votes)
- Yum Yum Apple Pie 3.1/5 (30 Votes)
- BANANA MAPLE PUDDING 3.2/5 (57 Votes)
- Veggie Pizza Appetizer 2.3/5 (130 Votes)
- Quinoa Stuffed Portabella 3.8/5 (12 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These Cheesy Cauliflower Pizza Cups are just what you need when snack o'clock rolls around!
- 1/2 cauliflower head
- 8 eggs for cauliflower mix
- 4-6 cups shredded cheese
- 6 slices salami
- 6 tbsp pizza Sauce
- Boil diced cauliflower in salted water until tender.
- Blend, then transfer to mixing bowl.
- Mix in 2 eggs, pepper and 2 cups of shredded cheese
- Share the cauliflower mixture out between 6 ramekins, forming little cups
- Add 1 cup of shredded cheese
- Bake for 25 min at 375°F
- Add a slice of salami, a tbsp of pizza sauce, and one raw egg to each ramekin
- Top with cheese and return to oven for 7 min at 375°F
- Serve, and enjoy!