Capsicum (Green pepper) - Tamarind Soup
- Tamarind Sauce - 2 cup
- Green pepper - 1
- Tomatoes - 2
- Black pepper - 2 tbsp
- Cumin seeds - 2 tbsp
- Garlic cloves (peeled) - 3
- Turmeric - 1/2 tbsp
- Salt (required amount)
- Dried chilli flakes - 1/2 tbsp
- Coriander leaves & stem part (herb) - finely diced required amount
- Curry leaves - few(optional)
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 10mins
Cost Budget Friendly
1. Making of tamarind sauce: In a bowl take a small ball sized amount of whole tamarind and add 2 cups of water to it. Let it get soaked for a while (10 minutes) and allow it to dissolve to form a diluted tamarind sauce.
2. Clean and cut the green peppers(capsicum) into medium sized pieces.
3. Cut the tomatoes and keep it ready.
4. Crush the black pepper, cumin seeds, garlic gloves , chili flakes(optional) using a mortar and pestle/ blender for few minutes. Don't make it like a paste.
5. Finely chop the coriander stem with the leaves.
6. Cooking stage: Place a medium sized non stick or any deep pan and pour the prepared diluted tamarind sauce.
7. Add the crushed ingredients and then add capsicum/green pepper, tomatoes, salt to taste and turmeric. Cover the soup with lid and cook it in a low flame
8. Dont allow it it boil. After 10 minutes add chopped coriander herb and rest it for 5 minutes.
Donot over cook or Dont allow it to boil. cook in low heat. Healthy, No oi required, ideal for cold.
You'll also love
- Panera Bread Chicken Noodle Soup 3.8/5 (352 Votes)
- Savories- Polony & Cheese Samoosas 4.9/5 (164 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Authentic Puerto Rican Domplines 4.2/5 (204 Votes)
- MEXICAN PIZZA 3.2/5 (238 Votes)
- Savories- Cheese and Onion... 2.9/5 (196 Votes)
- GARLIC PIZZA DOUGH (for the... 4/5 (109 Votes)
- Ya-Ka-Mein 4.2/5 (95 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ The Best Chocolate Bark, That is... 4.3/5 (80 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These baked Cheesy Eggplant Hedgehogs are totally adorable, tasty and really easy to make!
- 3 large eggplants
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cup shredded cheese
- Mix the olive oil, chopped basil, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Carefully slice the eggplant on it's side in a cross-hatch pattern, without cutting all the way through.
- Lay the eggplants inside an oven-safe baking tray.
- Pour the oil mixture over the eggplants, taking care to pour between the slices.
- Stuff the gaps in the eggplant with shredded cheese.
- Cook in the oven at 355°F for 45 minutes, until the flesh is cooked and the cheese totally melted.
- Serve and enjoy!