10 amazing ways to make gazpacho with fruit (and veggies too!)
Gazpacho is the perfect appetizer or main dish for summer. But why not kick the classic recipe up a notch by adding fruits or other veggies?
Yes, you can make gazpacho with strawberries!! It's the perfect light dish to wow your guests this summer. To make it at home, start by placing 1/2 cup sugar in a pot with 1/2 cup water. Cook over medium heat until it becomes a syrup, then remove. Wash 1 pound of strawberries and save about half a cup for later. Chop the strawberries into 4 pieces, then place them in a blender. Add 1 tomato, 1 tablespoon of olive oil, 8 fresh mint leaves and blend. Cut the rest of the strawberries and another half tomato into small cubes and divide them into 4 glasses. Pour the gazpacho into the glasses, then top with a finely diced cucumber. Refrigerate several hours before serving.
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
Craving sweet? This rustic cherry tart is easy, quick and delicious!
- 1 shortcrust pastry
- 3 cups / 750 g. of cherries
- 1/3 cup / 60 g. of sugar
- 2/3 cup / 60 g. of almond flour
- 4 tbsp. of brown sugar
- A dash of milk
- Mix the cherries and sugar together. Let stand 20 minutes.
- Spread or roll out the shortcrust pastry, sprinkle with almond powder and brown sugar.
- Place the cherries in the center of the dough, leaving about 2 inches of free dough on the edges. Fold in the edges.
- Brush with milk (this will make the crust go golden), sprinkle with brown sugar and bake for 20 minutes at 350°F/180°C.
- Top with a handful of chopped pistachios, and serve!