Baby and kid friendly leek soup
A simple potato and leek soup
- 4 leeks
- 4 potatoes
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 45mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Wash the leeks.
Cut into chunks. Separate the white parts and cook in butter.
Meanwhile cook the greens section of the leeks and potatoes for 45 minutes in water.
Salt and pepper.
Blend the soup and add the sliced cooked white leeks.
You'll also love
- Fish and Vegetable Casserole 4.7/5 (73 Votes)
- Winter Warming Leek and Potato Soup 4/5 (89 Votes)
- Kiddie Trail Mix 3/5 (6 Votes)
- Red Enchilada Sauce 3/5 (26 Votes)
- Channa masala (Garbanzo beans) 2.6/5 (12 Votes)
- Pasta with mushroom soup / veggies 3/5 (13 Votes)
- Red mullet and beet puree for... 3/5 (23 Votes)
- Pea Soup! 2.6/5 (18 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These baked Cheesy Eggplant Hedgehogs are totally adorable, tasty and really easy to make!
- 3 large eggplants
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cup shredded cheese
- Mix the olive oil, chopped basil, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Carefully slice the eggplant on it's side in a cross-hatch pattern, without cutting all the way through.
- Lay the eggplants inside an oven-safe baking tray.
- Pour the oil mixture over the eggplants, taking care to pour between the slices.
- Stuff the gaps in the eggplant with shredded cheese.
- Cook in the oven at 355°F for 45 minutes, until the flesh is cooked and the cheese totally melted.
- Serve and enjoy!