Red tamarind chutney for chaat - Easy process
- Tamarind pulp diluted 1 cup
- Sugar 2 cups
- Food color a pinch
- Chaat masala 1 tbsp
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Mix everything and microwave for 10 min or boil on stove top for 5 min.
Cool it and store in a bottle in fridge.
You'll also love
- Capsicum (Green pepper) - Tamarind... 3.1/5 (21 Votes)
- PotatoCurd Curry 3/5 (12 Votes)
- Roasted Root Vegetables 3/5 (12 Votes)
- Grandma's Perogies 3/5 (13 Votes)
- Easy Chocolate Cake 3/5 (13 Votes)
- Butter Chicken 2.9/5 (16 Votes)
- Cottagers' Cubed Steaks 2.9/5 (15 Votes)
- Liver and Onions 2.9/5 (19 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These salted caramel thumbprint cookies are easy to make and super delicious!
- 1/4 cup / 50g of softened butter
- 1 egg (divide the yolk and white)
- 1/4 cup / 50g of sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup / 150g of flour
- 1 cup / 100g of chopped nuts
- Salted caramel
- Melted dark chocolate
In a bowl, mix together the butter, egg yolk, sugar, and salt.
Add the flour and mix. Roll into a ball.
Chill for 30 minutes.
Remove from refrigerator. Divide the dough and roll into 1-inch balls.
Dip each ball in egg yolk, and then roll in chopped nuts.
Place on baking sheet (lined with parchment paper), and press your thumb into the center.
Bake at 340°F/170°C for 12 minutes, or until golden.
Remove from oven and let cool.
Pour the salted caramel into the center groove,and drizzle with dark chocolate.