Upgrade your granny-style picnic with these 10 modern recipes
In Granny's day, summer picnics were all about ham sandwiches and chips. Why not step it up a notch with these 10 pleasing recipes!
Savory ham and olive bread
Savory bread is a tasty change from regular old sandwiches. It's also super easy to make and transport. For the batter, combine some eggs, flour, baking powder, milk, shredded Swiss cheese, salt and pepper. Add some green or black olives cut in half and cubed ham. Bake for 45 minutes at 350 °F, and it's done!
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
Did you know you can toast sweet potato slices... and it's absolutely delicious!
- Slice an avocado in half.
- In a bowl, combine avocado with half an onion (diced) and coriander.
- Add the juice from half a lemon and some salt, and mix.
- Cut a sweet potato into 1/2 inch slices.
- Place in a toaster, making sure to toast both sides.
- Spread the avocado mix onto the toast. Enjoy!