Sam's Egg Rolls
Asian based, but Americanized.Yummy in the tummy.
- 1 pkg Egg Roll Wrappers
- 3 lbs. Chicken Breast
- 1 lg Green Cabbage
- 1 med Sweet Onion
- 1 bag Shredded Carrots
- 1 nub of Fresh Ginger Root
- 5 cloves Fresh Garlic
- Soy Sauce
- Salt & Black Pepper to taste
- Vegetable Oil for Cooking
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 120mins
Cooking time 30mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Skin ginger root and garlic. Mince and place in a bowl.
Chop Cabbage and onion. Stir fry in frying pan or wok with oil. Soy sauce, salt, pepper to taste. A sprinkle of ginger and garlic. Cook also carrots.
Cut chicken breast into cubes. Let marinate in soy sauce, black pepper, garlic and ginger root. After 15 minutes, place in hot frying pan or wok with oil. Cook until firm and no longer pink.
Mix cooked chicken and vegetables in a bowl. Taste and add more seasoning if you think it needs more.
Have a cup of cold water ready to dampen the sides of the egg roll wraps. Take one or two egg roll wraps laid flat. Place one to three table spoons of the filling into center of egg roll wrap. Dampen corners of egg roll wrap, pull one corner over filling, then the two side corners and roll toward remaining corner. Dampen seems if needed.
When all egg rolls are wrapped you can cook right away or freeze. Cooking egg rolls should be placed in hot oil. Cook until golden brown on both sides, remove and drain any extra oil.
Eat and enjoy after cooling for a few minute. Try with sweet & sour dipping sauce.
Keep work area clean and do not cross contaminate the raw chicken with vegetables.
You'll also love
- Vietnamese Salad Rolls 3.3/5 (303 Votes)
- Crispy spring rolls 4.3/5 (49 Votes)
- VEGETABLE SAMOSAS 2.8/5 (14 Votes)
- Korean Style Garlic Chicken Wings 3.2/5 (18 Votes)
- Potato Chip Dip 3.2/5 (22 Votes)
- Spicy Kuzhi paniyaram 2.8/5 (13 Votes)
- Quiche 2.8/5 (14 Votes)
- Vietnamise Pho Beef Noodle Soup 2.5/5 (34 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Dive into summer with this fresh, light and healthy mango salad!
- 2 limes
- Olive oil
- Soy sauce
- Red onion, minced
- Lightly sautée the peanuts until golden.
- Take the carrots and cut into thin slices.
- Peel the mango and slice into thin strips.
- Squeeze the juice from 2 limes into a bowl, and add olive oil, soy sauce, minced onion, salt and pepper.
- In a bowl, toss together the mango, carrot, rocket, and lime-soy dressing.