Deepavali is an occasion for all fried snacks. This simple lehiyam helps to calm the stomach. It can be had daily as a starter...builds up apetite and helps maintain a healthy body.
- Ginger(cut to 1/2" pieces) - 1/2 cup
- Jeera -1/4 cup
- Jaggery - around 1 cup
- Ghee - 1 teaspoon
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Grind ginger and Jeera in a blender.
Measure mixture. Add 1/2 jaggery, same amount of water and 1 spoon ghee to it and cook till it blends into a thick elastic dough.
Divide into small balls.
You'll also love
- Porikadalai urundai 4.6/5 (38 Votes)
- Adhirasam (A sweet snack) 4.4/5 (27 Votes)
- Suhiyan 4.3/5 (19 Votes)
- Okkarai 4.2/5 (13 Votes)
- Turnip ka bharta ( Seasoned mashed... 2.8/5 (22 Votes)
- Banana nut bread 3.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Fried Pickles 2.7/5 (27 Votes)
- Italian Cottage Cheese Desserts 3.2/5 (56 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These quick and easy chicken quesadillas are the perfect, last-minute family dinner!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup of tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup of chives, chopped
- 1 tsp. of Mexican spice mix
- 4 Tortillas
- Salt, to taste
- Put shredded chicken breast, tomato sauce, chives, and mexican spice mix in a bowl and mix together.
- Lay out the tortillas. Place a slice of cheddar in the center, and cover with the chicken mix.
- Fold up tortillas, and heat in a frying pan until golden.