Deepavali is an occasion for all fried snacks. This simple lehiyam helps to calm the stomach. It can be had daily as a starter...builds up apetite and helps maintain a healthy body.
- Ginger(cut to 1/2" pieces) - 1/2 cup
- Jeera -1/4 cup
- Jaggery - around 1 cup
- Ghee - 1 teaspoon
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Grind ginger and Jeera in a blender.
Measure mixture. Add 1/2 jaggery, same amount of water and 1 spoon ghee to it and cook till it blends into a thick elastic dough.
Divide into small balls.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
These quick and easy chicken quesadillas are the perfect, last-minute family dinner!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup of tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup of chives, chopped
- 1 tsp. of Mexican spice mix
- 4 Tortillas
- Salt, to taste
- Put shredded chicken breast, tomato sauce, chives, and mexican spice mix in a bowl and mix together.
- Lay out the tortillas. Place a slice of cheddar in the center, and cover with the chicken mix.
- Fold up tortillas, and heat in a frying pan until golden.