Sherine's Butter Chicken
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp crushed garlic
- 2 tsp crushed ginger
- ½ lg or 1 small onion chopped
- Chilli powder to taste
- 1 tsp tumeric and curry powder
- 2 tbsp Vindaloo paste (Patak’s brand)
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 can crushed tomatoes
- 1 500ml carton of whip cream
- Chopped cilantro
- Chicken boneless/ skinless Cubed
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Ground cumin - tumeric - cinnamon: ¼ - ½ teaspoon
Level of difficulty Easy
Cost Average budget
Sautee onions, garlic, ginger, spices and vindaloo paste in olive oil.
Add cubed chicken, cook until chicken is white or looks done.
Add tomato paste and tomatoes.
Let simmer 10 min then add whip cream, let simmer for 5 minutes then add cilantro.
Serve on rice or with naan bread
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
These quick and easy chicken quesadillas are the perfect, last-minute family dinner!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup of tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup of chives, chopped
- 1 tsp. of Mexican spice mix
- 4 Tortillas
- Salt, to taste
- Put shredded chicken breast, tomato sauce, chives, and mexican spice mix in a bowl and mix together.
- Lay out the tortillas. Place a slice of cheddar in the center, and cover with the chicken mix.
- Fold up tortillas, and heat in a frying pan until golden.