Egg curry ( kuzhambu)
- Oil ¼ cup
- Vadagam 1 tsp
- Onion 1
- Tomato ½
- Tamarind lime size
- Red chili powder 1 tbsp
- Coriander powder 1 tbsp
- Cumin powder ½ tbsp.
- Salt 1 tsp
- Water 1 cup
- Egg 2
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Soak tamarind in water and squeeze out the pulp.
In a Pan add oil, once the oil is hot add vadagam.
Add chopped onion saute well.
Once the onion turns translucent , add chopped tomato.
Add chili powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, turmeric and salt.
In low flame Saute well and close the lid.
Open the lid after 5 minutes or close the lid until the oil oozes out.
Once the oil oozes out add tamarind pulp and water. Mix and place it on high flame for 5 minutes.
Once the gravy is done , break in two eggs and simmer the stove for 5 minutes.
Once the egg gets cooked turn off the flame.
You'll also love
- potato croquettes 4.7/5 (21 Votes)
- Vegetable fried rice 4.3/5 (17 Votes)
- St.Julien's Creamy Potato Salad 4.7/5 (10 Votes)
- Biryani 4.3/5 (30 Votes)
- Whole wheat Vegetable Lasagna 4.3/5 (48 Votes)
- Carrot halwa 4.3/5 (23 Votes)
- Stir Fried Pork and Shrimp in Red... 4.5/5 (14 Votes)
- Chipotle "sour cream" 4.3/5 (27 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
We are definitely making these Easy Cheesy Mini Pizzas for our next party!
- Pizza Dough (homemade or store bought)
- Shredded cheese
- Pizza sauce
- Cured ham, shredded
- 4 eggs
- Cherry tomatoes
- Fresh basil
- Roll out the dough
- Use a small bowl to cut the dough into rounds
- Add shredded cheese
- Place in oven on an oven tray afr 10 min at 355°F
- Put each dough round into a ramekin
- Add 1 tbsp pizza sauce, a handful of shredded cured ham
- Break an egg into each pizza
- Top with sliced cherry tomatoes and a basil leaf
- Place in oven for another 15 mins at 355°F
- Garnish with parsley and a pinch of pepper
- Serve and enjoy!
Review this recipe
oh yeah ! my mother used to cook egg curry. one of my favorite recipe.... ever.
Commented by Gourmandize Staff