A spicy southindian gravy made with spices and eggs
- boiled eggs - 4
- onion - 1 large
- coconut - 1/4 cup ground paste
- mustard seeds - 1/4 tea spoon
- ural dal -1/4 tea spoon
- Fennel seeds - 1/4 tea spoon
- bay leaf -1
- anistar - 1
- Oil -4 tea spoons
- To grind:
- ginger - 1 inch piece
- garlic - 3-4 gloves (The one I used are little big in size)
- Tomato -2 medium
- To roast and grind:
- channa dal - 1 table spoon
- coriander seeds - 1 table spoon
- Red Chilies - 3 (It was medium spicy
- you can increase the numbers to your personal taste)
- Pepper - 4-5
- cumin seeds - 1 tea spoon
- Fennel seeds - 1/2 tea spoon
- cinnamon - 1 small piece
- clove- 3-4
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 30mins
Cost Budget Friendly
1. Boil the eggs, remove the shell and make slight cuts to the eggs and keep away.
2. In a kadai or sauce pan, heat 3 tea spoons of oil and add mustard seeds, urad dal, fennel seeds, anistar and bay leaves and let them fry for a minute.
3. then add the chopped onions and saute it until they become golden brown. (Took almost 5-6 mins for me)
4. Add the ground paste of tomato, ginger and garlic.
5. mix them well and saute untill the raw smell of ginger, garlic and tomato leaves.(too about 8 mins in medium flame)
6. Then add the powdered mix of roasted ingredients and mix them well...
7. Now it will get thickened, then add 1.5 to 2 cups of water.
8. Let it boil well and cook the onions and tomato gravy...
9. When you get the required consistency add the ground coconut paste to it. Mix well
10. Add the Eggs and simmer the flame for 5 minutes then switch off.
Garnish with coriander leaves and serve with steamed rice.
You'll also love
- Savories- Polony & Cheese Samoosas 4.9/5 (164 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Authentic Puerto Rican Domplines 4.3/5 (175 Votes)
- Potatoes Eggs and Cheese 4.2/5 (116 Votes)
- Algerian Bourek Chicken 4.6/5 (109 Votes)
- Carrots with Curry 5/5 (38 Votes)
- Yorkshire Pudding 4.8/5 (47 Votes)
- Mango Chutney (Mango Relish, Aam... 4.8/5 (30 Votes)
- Spicy Scallop with Cilantro Pistou... 3.2/5 (146 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
We are definitely making these Easy Cheesy Mini Pizzas for our next party!
- Pizza Dough (homemade or store bought)
- Shredded cheese
- Pizza sauce
- Cured ham, shredded
- 4 eggs
- Cherry tomatoes
- Fresh basil
- Roll out the dough
- Use a small bowl to cut the dough into rounds
- Add shredded cheese
- Place in oven on an oven tray afr 10 min at 355°F
- Put each dough round into a ramekin
- Add 1 tbsp pizza sauce, a handful of shredded cured ham
- Break an egg into each pizza
- Top with sliced cherry tomatoes and a basil leaf
- Place in oven for another 15 mins at 355°F
- Garnish with parsley and a pinch of pepper
- Serve and enjoy!