Easy Spicy Egg Omelette
Omelette with a touch from the Indian spice rack
- Eggs -2
- Oil - 1 tbsp + greasing
- Chopped Onion - 1/2 cup
- Chopped Green Chillies - 2 Nos.
- Cilantro - 2 sprigs
- Curry Leaves - 1 sprig
- Turmeric Powder - a pinch
- Salt - 2 pinches (1 pinch for 1 egg)
- Crushed Pepper Powder - a pinch
- Heart shaped metal cookie cutter - For valentine's day
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 5mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Heat a griddle / tawa. Add 1 tbsp of oil and fry the chopped onions on a medium - high heat till they turn transparent.
Meanwhile, in a bowl, crack open the 2 eggs.
Beat the eggs really good with a spoon.
Add in the green chillies, cilantro, curry leaves, salt, turmeric and pepper powder.Add in the onions and mix well.
Grease the griddle / tawa with oil. Place the heart metal cookie cutter at the center. Pour in some egg mixture and wait for the base to be cooked. Slowly & carefully remove the cookie cutter.
Flip the omelette so the other side also gets cooked.
The omelettes can be made thicker or thinner, deeply cooked on both sides or slightly cooked based on one's own choice.
Make another omelette in the same way as before.
Enjoy with your valentine.
You'll also love
- Momma's Quick Specialty 4.3/5 (13 Votes)
- Quick and Easy Ranch Cheeseball 4.7/5 (36 Votes)
- BLT Casserole 4.1/5 (21 Votes)
- Egg omelet 3.4/5 (92 Votes)
- Egg Curry 3.2/5 (131 Votes)
Review this recipe