Creamy Chicken & Veggie Tagliatelli
A creamy and luscious sauce surrounds tender chicken, a rainbow of bright vegetables, tossed in long slippery strands of Tagliatelli pasta. This sexy dish is easy on the budget and oh so fast leaving you time for other things on Valentine's Day!
- 400g fresh dried egg Tagliatelle, noodles
- 1 chicken breast, sliced across the grain to 1/8"-1/4" slices
- 1/4 each of red & orange thinly sliced bell pepper
- 1/2 chili pepper (or to taste)
- 4 cremini or oyster mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 2 asparagus spears, woody ends snapped off, cut into 3" pieces
- 1/2 cup baby spinach leaves
- 2 tbsp. roasted, salted chopped pistachio nuts
- 250ml 35% cream
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 5mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Bring a med. sized 3/4 filled pot of salted water to a boil.
When the water boils drop in the pasta, stirring to separate and cook the strands. No more than 5 min.
Meanwhile slice chicken and veggies.
In a large preheated skillet sauté the veggies and chili in the oil for 1 min. Season with salt & pepper.
Push the veggies over making a hot spot. Add the chicken and cook on high to caramelize, 1 -2 minutes
Add the cream, reduce the heat to medium, thickening the sauce for 1-2 min.
When the pasta is al dente (it has a bite). Drain leaving 1/4 cup of water in the pot.
Add the mixture to the pasta and toss to coat.
Divide the portions into plates.
Sprinkle with pistachios.
Be prepared and get all the ingredients into place as this recipe is really quick!