Chicken And Spinach Stuffed Shells
- 1 (12-ounce) box uncooked jumbo pasta shells (if all of yours survive the boil this is enough
- to be safe you may want 1 1/2 boxes)
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken - sometimes I leave out the chicken for a meatless dinner
- 2 cups fresh chopped spinach
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 (15oz) container ricotta cheese
- 1 (8oz) packages cream cheese
- 1 (5oz) package shredded Parmesan cheese (about 1 2/3 cups)
- 1 large egg
- lightly beaten
- 1 Tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 (26oz) jar prepared spaghetti sauce
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Preheat oven to 350°. Lightly grease two 9×13 baking dishes
Cook shells according to package directions. Be careful not to overcook them or they will tear easily when trying to fill them. Drain and set shells out individually on a cutting board or baking sheet so that they don’t stick together
In a large bowl, combine chicken and all the rest of the ingredients except mozzarella and spaghetti sauce. Stir in 1 cup mozzarella. Spoon into shells.
Spread half of spaghetti sauce into prepared baking dishes. Arrange shells over sauce; top with remaining sauce. Cover tightly with heavy-duty aluminum foil. If you are freezing one of the 9×13 prepared pans, freeze it after this step. Include a baggy of the remaining mozzarella for when you cook it. If you are making this ahead of time just put it in the fridge until ready to bake.
Bake, covered, for 40 minutes. Uncover, sprinkle with remaining 1 cup mozzarella. Bake for 5 to 10 more minutes.
Makes 8-10 servings.
You'll also love
- Chicken Stuffed with Vegetables 3.1/5 (223 Votes)
- Roast Chicken Stuffed Potatoes... 4.1/5 (32 Votes)
- Mozzarella and Spinach Quiche 4.2/5 (10 Votes)
- KADI 4.6/5 (15 Votes)
- Wild Rice and Broccoli Cassarole 4.6/5 (11 Votes)
- Rigatoni with Chicken and... 4.6/5 (11 Votes)
- Tropical Green Smoothie 4/5 (22 Votes)
- Tomato Vegetable Soup 4/5 (19 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These quick and easy chicken quesadillas are the perfect, last-minute family dinner!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup of tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup of chives, chopped
- 1 tsp. of Mexican spice mix
- 4 Tortillas
- Salt, to taste
- Put shredded chicken breast, tomato sauce, chives, and mexican spice mix in a bowl and mix together.
- Lay out the tortillas. Place a slice of cheddar in the center, and cover with the chicken mix.
- Fold up tortillas, and heat in a frying pan until golden.