By Mathieu V.
- 1 lb of chicken
- 1 pound fresh udon noodles
- 1 pepper
- 3-4 ounces shiitake mushrooms
- 1 bok choy (Chinese cabbage)
- 1 small red chilli
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp Tonkatsu sauce
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 15mins
Cost Average budget
Separate the Udon noodles in warm water (often sold in small block).
Chop your chicken breasts into small cubes. Mix in a bowl Soy sauce, Tonkatsu sauce, sugar and finely chopped chili. Then add the diced chicken, stir to coat everything and let stand 10 minutes.
Drain the chicken and reserve marinade.
Coarsely chop the peppers, shiitake mushrooms and bok choy.
Make sure all your ingredients are prepared and on hand before you begin cooking. Using a wok, everything cooks very fast!
Heat the oil in your wok until it smokes and cook the meat over high heat for about 10 minutes.
Then add the peppers and shiitake mushrooms. Sauté, stirring about 3 minutes, to soften.
Then quickly stir in drained noodles, the remaining marinade and bok choy. Let cook 2 min. stirring the noodles so all the ingredients are coated with sauce. Serve hot and enjoy with chopsticks!
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Dive into summer with this fresh, light and healthy mango salad!
- 2 limes
- Olive oil
- Soy sauce
- Red onion, minced
- Lightly sautée the peanuts until golden.
- Take the carrots and cut into thin slices.
- Peel the mango and slice into thin strips.
- Squeeze the juice from 2 limes into a bowl, and add olive oil, soy sauce, minced onion, salt and pepper.
- In a bowl, toss together the mango, carrot, rocket, and lime-soy dressing.