It is a dessert with apple custard topped with basil seeds dipped in rose water,vermicelli pudding and ice cream!
- 1 and half cups Grated Apple
- 2 Cups Sugar
- 6 Cups Whole Milk
- 1 tsp Cardamom powder
- Few strands of safforn dissolved in water
- 5 tsp Rose Syrup
- Nuts- Pistacho
- Raisins and almonds Balnched and chopped
- 2 Tsp Basil Seeds
- 1/2 Cup Vermicelli
- Ice cream - 1 or 2 Scoops
- 1tsp Custard Powder
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 40mins
Cost Average budget
Combine the apples, sugar(three fourth cup) and 2 tbsp of water in a pan and cook till the sugar has dissolved and the apples are soft. Keep aside.
Boil the milk(3 Cups) in a broad non-stick pan and simmer till the milk is reduced to half the original quantity that is to around 2 cups of milk. Now add a tsp of custard powder dissolved in water to this milk.
Add the apple mix kept in step 1 to this and top it with cardamom powder (1 tsp) ,saffron,nuts and raisins. Cool it and refrigerate it.
Now take 3 cups of the remaining milk and boil it for a while and add vermicelli to it and cook it till the milk reduced to half. Now add the 1 cup of sugar and cardamom powder,nuts,saffron strands to it.Cool and refrigerate it. Vermicelli pudding is ready
Take the basil seeds and dissolve them in a 2 tsp of water and add the rose syrup to it (2 tsp of rose syrup). Keep aside
The final step is to layer all of it. Take a glass, put a scoop of apple custard made in step 3 then add 2 tsp of basil seeds mixture then add a scoop of vermicelli pudding, repeat the same. Then finally add a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Decorate with crushed apples and and nuts. The heavenly dessert is ready to eat!
Its high in calories so hit the gym after eating it :P
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Sweet Apple Cinnamon Rolls
Pie crust dough
1/8 cup brown sugar
1/8 cup almond powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1. Halve an apple and slice each half finely.
2. Cut the top of a pie crust to get a straight edge.
3. Spread the brown sugar and almond powder all over the dough.
4. To get the first row, line up the apples in a straight line and cut out the section. Continue until all the dough is all used up.
5. Mix egg yellow and milk and cover each roll with the mixture.
6. If you wish, sprinkle a little extra brown sugar on top of each roll.
7. Bake in the oven for 18 min at 350° F.