Dark Chocolate Caramel Macchiato Tarts
A personal size tart that combines milk chocolate, dark chocolate, caramel, and espresso.
- Dark Chocolate Shortbread:
- 2c all purpose flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 c. butter, room temperature
- ½ c. powdered sugar
- ¼ c. Special Dark Cocoa
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 TBSP milk
- Dark Chocolate Truffle:
- 8 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 2/3 c. powdered sugar
- 8 oz. dark chocolate
- ¼ c. cold espresso ( ¼ c. water & 2 tsp instant coffee)
- 1 jar caramel ice cream topping
- Milk Chocolate Cream:
- 8 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
- 2/3 c. powdered sugar
- 8 oz. milk chocolate
- 3/4 c. Cool Whip
- Whipped Cream:
- 1 ½ c. heavy cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¾ c. powdered sugar
- Remaining Caramel Ice Cream Topping
- 5 Kraft caramels--cut into pieces
- chocolate covered espresso beans
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 40mins
Cost Average budget
In a mixing bowl, cream butter with vanilla. Add dark cocoa, powdered sugar, and milk. Mix well. Add flour and salt. Mix just until combined. With hands, form dough into a disk. On a floured or sugared surface, roll dough to ¼ inch thickness. Using a biscuit cutter, cut shortbread disks and place on parchment lined baking sheets. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes. Remove parchment sheets from pan and allow shortbreads to cool completely.
Dark Chocolate Truffle:
Beat cream cheese until smooth. Add powdered sugar and mix well. Melt dark chocolate in the microwave. Beat into cream cheese mixture. Add cold espresso and mix well. Place truffle into a piping bag and pipe perimeter of shortbreads, leaving a well for caramel.
1 jar caramel ice cream topping poured into a Ziploc bag. Snip the end, and squeeze approximately 1 tsp into truffle well. Reserve remaining caramel for final drizzle
Milk Chocolate Cream:
Beat cream cheese until smooth. Add powdered sugar and mix well. Melt milk chocolate in the microwave. Beat into cream cheese mixture. Fold in Cool Whip. Spoon milk chocolate cream into a piping bag and pipe over dark chocolate and caramel layer.
In a cold mixing bowl, beat heavy cream, vanilla, and powdered sugar until stiff. Spoon whipped cream into a piping bag and pipe a rosette to cover milk chocolate cream.
Refrigerate mini pies for 15-30 minutes before serving.
On each glass plate, 1 shortbread, dark chocolate truffle, a caramel well, the 2nd shortbread, milk chocolate cream, the 3rd shortbread, whipped cream, powdered sugar and caramel drizzle. On the plate, powdered sugar, more caramel drizzle, a rosette of whipped cream & chocolate covered coffee bean.
Can make smaller tarts by using a smaller cookie cutter.
You'll also love
- Applebees Mudslide 4.2/5 (96 Votes)
- Creole Rice Cake 4.3/5 (21 Votes)
- Favorite Caramel Apple Pie Cobbler 4.1/5 (11 Votes)
- Chocolate Caramel Tartlet 3.9/5 (18 Votes)
- Chocolate Dreams 4.4/5 (17 Votes)
- Shortcut Chocolate Coconut Cream... 3.9/5 (14 Votes)
- Chocolate and Reese® Milk Shake 4/5 (7 Votes)
- Vanilla Milk Shake 4/5 (1 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
- 1 tbsp neutral oil
- 250g / 2 cups pork fillets, cubed
- 1 /4 cup caramel
- 100ml / 1/2 cup water
- 1 tbsp Vietnamese fish sauce (Nuoc Cham)
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp grated ginger
- Crushed peanuts
- Brown the pork fillet in a skillet with the oil
- Add the caramel, water, fish sauce, soy sauce and fresh ginger.
- Simmer for 10 minutes (until the liquid has reduced)
- Serve over white rice with crushed peanuts.
Pssst like this? You'll LOVE this Chinese jalapeno chicken recipe!