Caramel Apple Tatin Cheesecake
An easy showstopper dessert! Big apple chunks layered over warm cheesecake and smothered in caramel sauce. Is there anything more comforting?
An easy showstopping dessert! Get the full recipe.
- 1 pkg puff pastry
- 6 granny smith apples, peeled, cored, quartered
- 1 cup caramel sauce
- 250 ml cream cheese, room temp
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 egg
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 40mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Roll out pastry larger than the size of oven proof skillet by 2". Place in fridge until ready
In a med. heated oven proof skillet place 3 tbsp caramel sauce, stir until melted.
Add apples and cook for 5 min. they will release liquid. If it is too much liquid drain some and reserve.
Turn apple quarters cut side up as the presentation side will be rounded chunks. Take off burner and allow to cool while preparing other ingredients.
In a mixer on med. high speed blend cheese, 3 tbsp caramel topping, flour and sugar until no lumps remain.
Add egg and beat only until blended.
Pour mixture over cooled apples. Spread to 1" edge of the border of pan.
Place refrigerated puff pastry over mixture and tuck in edges.
Place skillet on a baking sheet to catch any spills.
Bake on the top shelf in a preheated 375F oven to bake to a golden brown for approx. 40-50min.
Allow to cool for 5 min. but run a sharp knife around edges of pan to loosen any edges.
Place a large platter presentation side down onto the skillet.
* You may want to use ovenmits for safety*
Press dish down firmly with one hand and flip skillet with the other hand onto the platter. Remove any apples that have stuck to the bottom of pan.
Drizzle with caramel sauce and serve warm with whipped topping or ice cream!
You'll also love
- Caramel Apple 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Cheesecake 4.2/5 (148 Votes)
- Pretzel Crusted White Chocolate... 4/5 (125 Votes)
- Banana Bread with Maraschino... 4/5 (25 Votes)
- peach cobbler 4/5 (17 Votes)
- Rustic Pie with Beets, Apples and... 3.8/5 (219 Votes)
- Mini Blue Berry Cheesecakes 4/5 (40 Votes)
- Apple Oatmeal Muffins 4/5 (10 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Sweet Apple Cinnamon Rolls
Pie crust dough
1/8 cup brown sugar
1/8 cup almond powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1. Halve an apple and slice each half finely.
2. Cut the top of a pie crust to get a straight edge.
3. Spread the brown sugar and almond powder all over the dough.
4. To get the first row, line up the apples in a straight line and cut out the section. Continue until all the dough is all used up.
5. Mix egg yellow and milk and cover each roll with the mixture.
6. If you wish, sprinkle a little extra brown sugar on top of each roll.
7. Bake in the oven for 18 min at 350° F.