Salmon, Spinach, and Cream Cheese in Filo Dough
- 4 oz Garlic & Herbs cream cheese
- A tin of salmon (canned)
- 1 cup of spinach
- 1 package of puff pastry
- 1 clove of garlic
- ½ lemon
- 1 egg
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 10mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Preheat oven to 350 ° F
Cook spinach for about ten minutes in boiling water.
Cool and drain the spinach as much as possible.
Mix spinach with garlic, a little cream, one egg, cream cheese, salt and pepper. Reserve.
Crumble salmon on a plate and pour the juice of half lemon, put salt and pepper.
Cut each pastry sheet into 2, the rounded back of each sheet to form bands. Put a teaspoon of marinated salmon and spoon over the spinach, fold the pastry to form a triangle.
Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake 10 minutes.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
These fun Tropical Salmon Sushi Cups make the perfect warm-weather appetizer!
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 cups cooked sushi rice
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 tbsp seasame oil
- 1 tsp chili paste
- 1 mango, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 lb salmon, diced
- Combine the rice vinegar and sugar.
- Stir though the cooked sushi rice, and with wet hands, shape into balls.
- Press the balls into ramekins lined with parchment paper, and press the rice up the sides of the ramekins into cup shapes.
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, combine the soy sauce, cilantro, sesame oil, chili paste and salt in a bowl.
- Combine the mango, avocado and salmon.
- Pour the soy mixture over the salmon mixture, and stir through until evenly coated.
- Remove the rice cups from the refrigerator, and peel off the parchment paper.
- Distribute the salmon mixture between the rice cups.
- Garnish, serve and enjoy!