- 6 medium potatoes
- 1 small celery root
- 1 onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- thyme, bay, sage, savory, rosemary, cloves
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons of cream
- 1 pinch of nutmeg
- 1 pinch of Espelette pepper
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 40mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Pour filtered water into a large pan, put all the spices (thyme, bay leaf, sage, garlic, cloves, savory). Heat 5 minutes and let steep 10 to 15 minutes so that the water is well flavored.
Cut vegetables into small pieces so they cook better. Spread evenly around the pan so the vegetables are not on top of each other.
Cook vegetables about 40 minutes.
Mix the celeriac with the butter and cream, and coarsely crush the potatoes and onion.
Then add the celery puree with mashed potatoes and season with salt.
Add nutmeg and Espelette pepper. Fill the casserole and serve hot with grilled or roasted meat.
You'll also love
- Apple-Cheddar Pie 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Sea Island Salad 3.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Squid Provencal 3.5/5 (205 Votes)
- Loaded Hash Brown Casserole 3/5 (4 Votes)
- A Tasty Salmon Bake 3/5 (12 Votes)
- Cheesy Garlic Baked Chicken 3.3/5 (58 Votes)
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts 3.2/5 (173 Votes)
- Creamy Chicken with Peas 3.5/5 (79 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Are you curious to find out what the best way to chop a garlic clove is? We show you the easiest and most efficient way to chop garlic cloves like a chef!