The best savory nutmeg recipes - 3 recipes
Chef Tips and Tricks
All you need is 3 main ingredients to make this Chocolate Strawberry Braid for dessert tonight!
- 7-9 medium-sized strawberries
- 1 puff pastry
- 1 chocolate bar
- 1 egg yolk
- Almond slivers
- Powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut the strawberries into halves.
- Dust some flour on a flat surface and spread your puff pastry out on top, smoothing it into a rectangle shape if necessary.
- Place the bar of chocolate in the center, then top with a layer of strawberry halves.
- Using a pizza cutter or a knife, slice the edges of the puff pastry into strips that can be wrapped over the chocolate and strawberries. Starting with the flap at the top, fold over each strip in a slightly diagonal direction so that they resemble a braid.
- Brush the braid with a beaten egg yolk so that it covers the entire visible surface.
- Sprinkle almond slivers on top.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes.
- Give the braid a few minutes to cool down, then cover with a dusting of powdered sugar.
- Serve and enjoy!
Top rated Savory nutmeg recipes
What's better than a piece of apple pie with a slice of cheddar melted on top? One with the cheddar cheese that is ...
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar; divided
- 3 tablespoons of all purpose flour plus ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon plus ¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 4-5 cups of thinly sliced and peeled tart apples
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- ½ cup sharp cheddar cheese plus 1 ½ cup for sauce
- One 4.25 oz can of green chiles
- Frozen ready made 9 inch pie crust
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted plus 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1 cup whole milk
How To Decorate The Table For A Christmas Feast
By Marie-Rose - 750 Grammes
Make this the most beautiful meal of the year, with these table decorating tips that will WOW your guests!
Spinach Pie with Feta - Spanakopita
Flaky phyllo sheets are layered with a savory spinach and feta cheese filling
- 2.5 lbs. spinach, chopped (you can substitute frozen, thawed well)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 4 large onions, diced
- 2 bunches green onions, diced (incl. 4 inches green)
- 1/2 cup parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh dill, chopped (substitute 3 tbsp. dried)
- 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 lb. feta cheese, crumbled
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 lb. ricotta or cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 lb. phyllo pastry sheets
Holiday Finger Foods That Will Feed A Crowd
Planning a big holiday get-together this year? Check out these recipes for delicious, unforgettable finger foods that your guests will love!
Pour filtered water into a large pan, put all the spices (thyme, bay leaf, sage, garlic, cloves, savory)
- 6 medium potatoes
- 1 small celery root
- 1 onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- thyme, bay, sage, savory, rosemary, cloves
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons of cream
- 1 pinch of nutmeg
- 1 pinch of Espelette pepper