The best savory nutmeg recipes - 3 recipes
Chef Tips and Tricks
- 150g / 3/4 cup sugar
- 150g / 2/3 cup softened butter
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp fresh yeast
- 180g / 1 1/2 cups flour
- 190g / 1 1/2 cups chocolate, melted
- 4 pears
- Combine sugar, butter and eggs in bowl. Mix well.
- Add fresh yeast and flour and mix through.
- Pour in melted chocolate and fold into mixture.
- Peel 4 pears (or as many comfortably fit in your baking pan)
- Pour chocolate mixture into lined or greased baking loaf pan.
- Evenly space the pears in the pan, sitting upright.
- Bake at 350°F / 180°C for 35 minutes.
- Drizzle with more melted chocolate, and serve.
Psssst... check out all our chocolate covered recipes, here!
Top rated Savory nutmeg recipes
What's better than a piece of apple pie with a slice of cheddar melted on top? One with the cheddar cheese that is ...
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar; divided
- 3 tablespoons of all purpose flour plus ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon plus ¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 4-5 cups of thinly sliced and peeled tart apples
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- ½ cup sharp cheddar cheese plus 1 ½ cup for sauce
- One 4.25 oz can of green chiles
- Frozen ready made 9 inch pie crust
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted plus 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1 cup whole milk
How To Decorate The Table For A Christmas Feast
By Marie-Rose - 750 Grammes
Make this the most beautiful meal of the year, with these table decorating tips that will WOW your guests!
Spinach Pie with Feta - Spanakopita
Flaky phyllo sheets are layered with a savory spinach and feta cheese filling
- 2.5 lbs. spinach, chopped (you can substitute frozen, thawed well)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 4 large onions, diced
- 2 bunches green onions, diced (incl. 4 inches green)
- 1/2 cup parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh dill, chopped (substitute 3 tbsp. dried)
- 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 lb. feta cheese, crumbled
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 lb. ricotta or cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 lb. phyllo pastry sheets
Holiday Finger Foods That Will Feed A Crowd
Planning a big holiday get-together this year? Check out these recipes for delicious, unforgettable finger foods that your guests will love!
Pour filtered water into a large pan, put all the spices (thyme, bay leaf, sage, garlic, cloves, savory)
- 6 medium potatoes
- 1 small celery root
- 1 onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- thyme, bay, sage, savory, rosemary, cloves
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons of cream
- 1 pinch of nutmeg
- 1 pinch of Espelette pepper