This Viral Pasta Bake Recipe Is Worth The Hype
This quick and easy recipe contains one ingredient that's currently having it's big moment — feta cheese.
The Secret Ingrdient
This summer, feta cheese has taken the world by storm. It's creamy, it's versatile, and it actually contains more calcium than most other cheeses.
In this recipe, you'll need to use Greek feta (which is made from at least 70% sheep's milk) in order to really bring all the ingredients together. You'll achieve a dish that'll feed the whole family, is minimal-effort, and is packed with flavor. So, what're we making?
Baked Feta Pasta: What You're Going to Need
And here it is! Baked Feta Pasta is a true celebration of all things summer. All the ingredients are thrown into an oven-proof dish and baked so that the cheese and tomatoes form a creamy sauce with a tangy kick that's then mixed in with the pasta. You can add anything extra in, such as veggies or meat. In this recipe, we're going to add bacon as it compliments the taste of the other ingredients well.
Here's what you're going to need:
Ingredients (for 4 people):
- 17 1/2 oz. cherry tomatoes
- 4 cloves garlic (halved lengthwise)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 block (7 oz.) Greek feta cheese
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 12 oz. dried pasta (we like farfalle!)
- Fresh basil leaves (for serving)
- 4 strips of bacon (chopped)
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Make sure the oven rack is in the middle of the oven.
- In a 9x13-inch oven-proof dish, mix the tomatoes, chopped bacon, garlic, and 1/4 cup olive oil. Season as desired before tossing ingredients together.
- Place the entire block of feta in the middle of the dish, making sure the tomatoes, bacon and garlic surround it. Top with the remaining olive oil and sprinkle over the red pepper flakes and black pepper.
- Bake for 40 mins. The tomato skins should have burst, the garlic should be soft, and the bacon should be gaining a little crisp.
- In the meantime, bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the pasta until al dente. Reserve 1 cup of pasta water before draining the pasta.
- Once the other ingredients are ready to be taken out of the oven, place the dish on a heat-proof surface. Mash the feta, tomatoes, and bacon with a fork until everything is combined. Mix in the pasta and add the reserved water. Season with salt and pepper if desired before dividing and serving in bowls. Top with fresh basil leaves and enjoy!
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
Do you put the pasta in without waiting for the water to boil? Add oil? Forget the salt?