THIS is what happens when you put a LEMON underneath your BED!
It's not only an essential cooking and baking ingredient! The humble lemon can improve your life in more ways than you expected...
1. Combat stress
A study conducted by the University of Tokyo has been found that linalool, a compound found in lemon scent, can reverse the effects of stress on 109 different genes in the human body. Other early sports-science studies have shown that it can improve deep breathing, which is also an essential element to relaxation.
So place some freshly cut lemon beneath or beside your bed, take a deep breath, and relax!
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
Named for the famous ballerina Anna Pavlova, this delicate lemon pavlova is simply divine.
- Confectioner's sugar
- Fresh lemon juice
- Lemon zest
- Separate egg yolks and whites
- In a bowl, whisk egg whites
- Add confectioner's sugar
- Distribute on baking pan and flatten center lightly with a spoon
- Bake for 30 minutes at 250 degrees
- While that's baking, squeeze fresh lemon juice into a bowl
- Add egg yolks, sugar, and flour then whisk together
- Add butter and whisk again
- Take the merigues out of the oven once they're ready
- Spoon the filling into the center of the meringues
- Grate lemon rind and sprinkle the zest over the top of the pavlovas