Meatless grape leaves stuffed with lemon
Old Bulgarian recipe
- grape leaves (fresh or canned)
- 1 cup rice
- 2-3 onions, chopped
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon dill, finely chopped
- mint, salt, pepper
- 2-3 pc. lemons
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 50mins
Cooking time 20mins
Cost Average budget
Washed vine leaves scalded in boiling water. Onions fry until browned in 1/ 2 cups oil was added and the rice and mixed thoroughly . Add 2 and 1/2 cup water and all spices. The resultant mixture to boil until absorbed water on medium stove . Then put 1 tablespoon of the mixture on each sheet and turn small , tight stuffed . Arranged tightly in a pan and add oil ( half cup) , a little salt (optional) , hot water to cover the stuffed cabbage and lemon juice . Cover with a plate and boiled until there are fat ( less than 30 minutes ) . Serve warm with egg - lemon sauce or cold , garnished with lemon slices .
You'll also love
- Fresh Tomato Soup with Gin 4/5 (11 Votes)
- Quick Meal In A Soup 4/5 (10 Votes)
- Vegetarian Aloo Keema 4/5 (10 Votes)
- Delcious Avocado and bacon feta... 4.4/5 (18 Votes)
- Swedish Rice Pudding 4/5 (5 Votes)
- Super Easy Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms 4.3/5 (68 Votes)
- Venner Rosotto 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Lemon Salad 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These baked Cheesy Eggplant Hedgehogs are totally adorable, tasty and really easy to make!
- 3 large eggplants
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cup shredded cheese
- Mix the olive oil, chopped basil, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Carefully slice the eggplant on it's side in a cross-hatch pattern, without cutting all the way through.
- Lay the eggplants inside an oven-safe baking tray.
- Pour the oil mixture over the eggplants, taking care to pour between the slices.
- Stuff the gaps in the eggplant with shredded cheese.
- Cook in the oven at 355°F for 45 minutes, until the flesh is cooked and the cheese totally melted.
- Serve and enjoy!