Swedish Rice Pudding
- 1 Cup Milk
- 3 Cup light cream
- 6 Medium Eggs
- ½ Cup Sugar
- ¾ Teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 ½ Teaspoon Vanilla
- 1 ½ Cup cooked rice
- ¼ Cup Raisins
- 1 Teaspoon Butter or Margarine
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 45mins
Cost Average budget
Scald milk and cream.
In a separate bowl, beat eggs slightly, add sugar, cinnamon, vanilla, rice and raisins.
Stir in heated milk and cream.
Pour into buttered shallow two-quart baking dish. Dot with butter, set dish in baking pan and add one inch hot water to pan.
Bake in 325 F oven for 45 min stirring every 15 minutes from bottom so rice will be creamier.
Serve hot or cold.
Top with cinnamon
You'll also love
- Apple Cobbler 4/5 (5 Votes)
- Petit Profiteroles Citron 4/5 (5 Votes)
- Fruit and Cinnamon Smoothies 4.2/5 (21 Votes)
- Big momma cinnamon roll 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Basil & Olive Oil Rice 4/5 (20 Votes)
- Easy Fruit Salad 4.4/5 (20 Votes)
- Funfetti Pudding Cake 3.9/5 (89 Votes)
- Stuffed Pepper in Tomato Sauce 3.9/5 (67 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
What happens when you layer rice pudding and dulce de leche in mason jars? Sweet, sweet magic!
- 1 Cup of rice
- 2 Cinnamon sticks
- 7 Cloves
- 4 Cups of milk
- 1 Cup of sweetened condensed milk
- Dulce de leche
- In a saucepan, combine the rice, cinnamon sticks, cloves, and milk, and simmer.
- Add the sweetened condensed milk, stir, and simmer for a few more minutes. Remove from heat.
- In a mason jar, layer the rice pudding and dulce de leche, and top with a sprinkling of powdered cinnamon.