Assortment of Rice Pudding
- scant 1 cup of rice
- 4 1/14 cups of milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 vanilla pod
- Apricot jam
- 1 banana
- scant 1/2 cup dark chocolate
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 25mins
Cost Average budget
Wash the rice by rinsing with cold water until water runs almost clear. Cook for 3-4 minutes in boiling water. Drain it.
Place milk in large saucepan and bring to a boil with the scraped vanilla bean. When the milk boils add the rice and cook 25 minutes over low heat while mixing it regularly to prevent a skin forming on the surface. Ten minutes from the end of cooking add sugar and continue mixing.
- Blend a banana to form a thick banana cream. Spoon cream into the bottom of your individual serving dish.
- In another dish put a bottom layer of apricot jam. Add of the cooled rice pudding on top. Put everything in the fridge before serving.
Tips: make hearts of rice pudding with a silicone mold, make a line of chocolate to go with everything.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
What happens when you layer rice pudding and dulce de leche in mason jars? Sweet, sweet magic!
- 1 Cup of rice
- 2 Cinnamon sticks
- 7 Cloves
- 4 Cups of milk
- 1 Cup of sweetened condensed milk
- Dulce de leche
- In a saucepan, combine the rice, cinnamon sticks, cloves, and milk, and simmer.
- Add the sweetened condensed milk, stir, and simmer for a few more minutes. Remove from heat.
- In a mason jar, layer the rice pudding and dulce de leche, and top with a sprinkling of powdered cinnamon.