Autumn Fruit Compote
By raverdy perrine
- - 3-4 oz pitted prunes soaked for 12 hours.
- - 3-4 oz dried apricots soaked for 12 hours
- - 1 large apple, peeled, cored and diced
- - 2 pears, peeled, cored and diced
- - 1 can of peaches (16 oz) drained
- - 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- - Zest and juice of one lemon
- - 1 cinnamon stick
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 60mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Preheat oven to 340 ° F
1. Drain the prunes and apricots, put them in an ovenproof dish with apples, pears and peaches.
2. Combine sugar 15 ounces of boiling water, lemon zest and lemon juice and cinnamon stick. Pour over fruit and cover the pan.
3. Bake in hot oven, 1 hour, stirring occasionally. Serve hot or cold.
You'll also love
- Vanilla Pear Compote 4.5/5 (37 Votes)
- Pork tenderloin with Dried Fruit... 4/5 (24 Votes)
- White Cake with Brown Sugar Sauce 3.8/5 (15 Votes)
- Insanely delicious cookies from... 3.1/5 (275 Votes)
- Salmon Steak with Pear and... 4/5 (30 Votes)
- easy apple pie 3.7/5 (89 Votes)
- Marshmallow Dessert 3.3/5 (23 Votes)
- Baked Peaches and Yams 3.7/5 (6 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Craving sweet? This rustic cherry tart is easy, quick and delicious!
- 1 shortcrust pastry
- 3 cups / 750 g. of cherries
- 1/3 cup / 60 g. of sugar
- 2/3 cup / 60 g. of almond flour
- 4 tbsp. of brown sugar
- A dash of milk
- Mix the cherries and sugar together. Let stand 20 minutes.
- Spread or roll out the shortcrust pastry, sprinkle with almond powder and brown sugar.
- Place the cherries in the center of the dough, leaving about 2 inches of free dough on the edges. Fold in the edges.
- Brush with milk (this will make the crust go golden), sprinkle with brown sugar and bake for 20 minutes at 350°F/180°C.
- Top with a handful of chopped pistachios, and serve!