Pork tenderloin with Dried Fruit and Lavender
By lavande L&P
- - 1 lb pork tenderloin
- - 3 oz dried apricots
- - 3 oz of prunes
- - 1 tbsp of honey
- - 1 tbsp tamarind (Asian grocery store)
- - 1 teaspoon dried lavender flowers
- - 2 star anise
- - 1 tsp olive oil
- - Salt and pepper
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 15mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Pit the prunes.
In oil, sauté the sliced tenderloin. When it is golden brown on both sides, add honey, caramelize 2-3 minutes.
Add tamarind, dried fruit, star anise, lavender flowers (keep some for decoration) and finally a glass of water.
Simmer 20 minutes over low heat. Adjust salt and pepper.
You'll also love
- Won Ton Soup 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Balsamic Ribs 4.3/5 (17 Votes)
- Walnut and Chestnut Honey Cake 3.9/5 (28 Votes)
- Vicki's Baked Beans 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Cream of lentils, curry masala,... 4.2/5 (7 Votes)
- Quick Energy Bars 4.3/5 (10 Votes)
- Brinjal pitla 4.2/5 (18 Votes)
- Thiruvaadhirai thaalatham...a gravy 4/5 (22 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.