Here's a Super Easy Trick to Dissolve the Crystals in Your Honey Jar
Want your crystallized honey back to its normal smooth and runny consistency? Try this!
Even if you eat a lot of honey, you've probably had a jar of it long enough to discover one day, out of the blue, little crystals have formed inside.
There's nothing wrong with crystallized honey and many people actually like it for its more solid texture and the extra bit of crunch that the crystals add.
However, sometimes what you need is that thin, runny, perfectly smooth consistency that your honey once had. Here's how to get it back!
All you need is a bit of heat.
The easiest method is by simply using the microwave. Place the jar inside and heat for 30 seconds to a minute on medium heat. The only downside to this quick fix is that the results will be temporary, as the honey will gradually re-crystallize after it fully cools down.
For a slightly longer-lasting method, place the honey jar in a bowl of hot (but not boiling) water and stir it until it loosens up and resumes a runny consistency. This takes a bit more time, but it will keep the crystals away for longer.
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
Try this clever trick to make the perfect zebra cake!
- 2 large water or soda bottles (empty)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 sticks butter
- 6 eggs
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Ready 2 large plastic bottles, cleaned and dried.
- Add 1 cup of flour to each bottle.
- Add 1/2 cup of sugar to each.
- Melt butter, then add equal halves to each bottle.
- Add 6 eggs, 3 in each.
- Add 1/2 tbsp of baking powder to each.
- Add 1/2 cup of heavy cream to each.
- Shake the bottles thoroughly until the contents are well mixed.
- In one of the bottles only, add the cocoa powder.
- Beginning with the cocoa powder mixture, add a dolop of batter to the center of a circular
- baking tin. Do the same with the other mixture, placing the dolop directly in the center of the previous one.
- Continue with alternating additions of each mixture until all batter is used and the tin is full.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!