8 Grocery Store Spending Traps to Avoid
You've probably never thought about this before, but the way grocery stores are laid out is not random by any means. There are psychological tricks involved that can get you to spend more money without even realizing it! Here's what they are.
© Getty Images
The stunning, vibrant produce
First impressions are everything, and supermarkets know this. From the moment you step inside, you are welcomed to the Garden of Earthly Delights — an abundance of fresh, fragrant fruit and vegetables! Produce is placed at the entrance so that you're immediately hit with mood-boosting colors and smells, setting the tone for the whole shopping experience. The sudden surge of sensory stimulation can also fry your focus, making you more vulnerable to the temptations of impulse-buys.
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
These quick and easy chicken quesadillas are the perfect, last-minute family dinner!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup of tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup of chives, chopped
- 1 tsp. of Mexican spice mix
- 4 Tortillas
- Salt, to taste
- Put shredded chicken breast, tomato sauce, chives, and mexican spice mix in a bowl and mix together.
- Lay out the tortillas. Place a slice of cheddar in the center, and cover with the chicken mix.
- Fold up tortillas, and heat in a frying pan until golden.