What Does it Mean When You Crave These Foods?
We've all felt that little niggle of a food craving at some point — but why do we get them?
© Getty Images
If you're craving a burger, it could mean your body needs iron, protein, and/or zinc. You can find all those nutrients in a juicy beef burger patty. When women menstruate, they often experience an iron deficiency, which can cause an increased craving for burgers and other iron-rich foods. Of course, it's best to combine your tasty burger with a side of healthy veggies. Spinach and broccoli are good sources of iron, so are often a sensible choice.
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
These quick and easy chicken quesadillas are the perfect, last-minute family dinner!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup of tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup of chives, chopped
- 1 tsp. of Mexican spice mix
- 4 Tortillas
- Salt, to taste
- Put shredded chicken breast, tomato sauce, chives, and mexican spice mix in a bowl and mix together.
- Lay out the tortillas. Place a slice of cheddar in the center, and cover with the chicken mix.
- Fold up tortillas, and heat in a frying pan until golden.