Intriguing Holiday Food Traditions Around the World
Discover the fascinating and delicious ways in which people celebrate their holidays around the world...
© I Am A Food Blog
Japan: Ehomaki for Setsubun
On the day before the beginning of Spring, the Japanese throw beans out of their windows to clear out bad luck, in a cleansing ritual called Setsubun. To bring on good luck, they eat giant rolls of sushi while facing a predetermined lucky direction. As if you needed an excuse to eat loads of sushi.
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
These quick and easy chicken quesadillas are the perfect, last-minute family dinner!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup of tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup of chives, chopped
- 1 tsp. of Mexican spice mix
- 4 Tortillas
- Salt, to taste
- Put shredded chicken breast, tomato sauce, chives, and mexican spice mix in a bowl and mix together.
- Lay out the tortillas. Place a slice of cheddar in the center, and cover with the chicken mix.
- Fold up tortillas, and heat in a frying pan until golden.