These Delicious Drinks Can Reduce Belly Fat and Improve Metabolism
Although metabolism is partly controlled by genetics, we can stimulate it through regular physical activity and a healthy diet. These three tasty drinks contain ingredients that help speed up metabolism and therefore are good to try out if you're wanting to lose a little weight.
© Getty Images
What Is Metabolism?
Metabolism is the basis of all most vital processes that occur in our body. It breaks down all the nutrients we take in, and converts them into new products. In order for the body to perform the tasks it needs to perform, it needs energy. We get this energy by taking in and digesting food.
There is a basal metabolic rate which indicates how much energy a person uses to maintain bodily functions and perform daily tasks. In people who are very active, the energy consumption and therefore the metabolism is cranked up and they need more calories (generally, we need between 1600 and 3500 kilocalories per day).
The metabolic rate changes with age and may also depend on gender, weight, and hereditary factors. And how do we boost metabolism to lose weight? Well, these drinks might be a good start.
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
Try this clever trick to make the perfect zebra cake!
- 2 large water or soda bottles (empty)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 sticks butter
- 6 eggs
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Ready 2 large plastic bottles, cleaned and dried.
- Add 1 cup of flour to each bottle.
- Add 1/2 cup of sugar to each.
- Melt butter, then add equal halves to each bottle.
- Add 6 eggs, 3 in each.
- Add 1/2 tbsp of baking powder to each.
- Add 1/2 cup of heavy cream to each.
- Shake the bottles thoroughly until the contents are well mixed.
- In one of the bottles only, add the cocoa powder.
- Beginning with the cocoa powder mixture, add a dolop of batter to the center of a circular
- baking tin. Do the same with the other mixture, placing the dolop directly in the center of the previous one.
- Continue with alternating additions of each mixture until all batter is used and the tin is full.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!