Apple Brandy-Glazed Pork Tenderloin
A quick baste midway through cooking flavors the pork crust, promotes browning, and keeps the meat moist.
- 3 cups unfiltered apple cider
- 1/2 cup brandy
- 3 thyme sprigs
- 1 large shallot
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 (3/4 pound) pork tenderloins
- cooking spray
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Combine first 4 ingredients in a saucepan; bring to a boil. Cook until reduced to 1/2 cup (about 32 minutes). remove from heat; discard thyme and shallot. Stir in butter, mustard, 1/8 tsp salt, and 1/4 tsp black pepper.
Preheat oven to 475F.
Sprinkle pork evenly with remaining 3/8 tsp salt and remaining 1/4 tsp black pepper. Lightly coat with cooking spray. Place pork in a roasting pan, bake at 475F for 9 minutes. Turn pork over, brush evenly with 2 Tbsp cider mixture. Bake an additional 8 minutes or until a thermometer inserted in the thickest portion of pork registers 140F. Let pork stand for 10 minutes.
Slice pork and serve with remaining sauce.
You'll also love
- Stuffed Eggplant 3.8/5 (464 Votes)
- Panera Bread Chicken Noodle Soup 3.8/5 (355 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn These are the sweet 'n' sour spare... 4.9/5 (209 Votes)
- Mushroom, Red Wine Demi Glaze 4.5/5 (214 Votes)
- Lovers Balsamic Glazed Rack of... 4.4/5 (46 Votes)
- 3 minute cupcakes 4.3/5 (47 Votes)
- Incision cake "Capital" 4/5 (21 Votes)
- Olive Garden Tiramisu 3.9/5 (15 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Sweet Apple Cinnamon Rolls
Pie crust dough
1/8 cup brown sugar
1/8 cup almond powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1. Halve an apple and slice each half finely.
2. Cut the top of a pie crust to get a straight edge.
3. Spread the brown sugar and almond powder all over the dough.
4. To get the first row, line up the apples in a straight line and cut out the section. Continue until all the dough is all used up.
5. Mix egg yellow and milk and cover each roll with the mixture.
6. If you wish, sprinkle a little extra brown sugar on top of each roll.
7. Bake in the oven for 18 min at 350° F.