- 4 apples
- 1 1/2 tbs butter
- 1 tablespoon of almond powder
- 1 tablespoon of walnuts
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 glass of cider
- For the meringue
- 2 egg whites
- 1/3 cup sugar
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 40mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Preheat oven to 400 ° F.
- Wash and dry apples. Core.
- In a bowl, combine chopped walnuts, butter, ground almonds and cinnamon. Divide the mixture into the cavities of the apples.
- Place the apples well separated from each other in a baking dish.
- Pour cider into the dish and bake for 20 min.
- Meanwhile, beat egg whites until stiff with sugar and a pinch of salt. After 20 minutes of cooking apples, cover each with a spatula of meringue.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 250° and cook for another 15 minutes until the meringue is lightly browned. Serve plain or with a cold custard.
You'll also love
- Baked Apple Crisp 4/5 (11 Votes)
- Peach Honey 4.1/5 (26 Votes)
- Vanilla Pear Compote for babies 4.1/5 (11 Votes)
- Brownies 4.1/5 (11 Votes)
- Delicious Chicken Salad 4.1/5 (21 Votes)
- apple pie 4.1/5 (13 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Cool and Hot Habanero Almond Ice... 4.1/5 (20 Votes)
- Stewed guinea fowl with figs and... 4.2/5 (48 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Sweet Apple Cinnamon Rolls
Pie crust dough
1/8 cup brown sugar
1/8 cup almond powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1. Halve an apple and slice each half finely.
2. Cut the top of a pie crust to get a straight edge.
3. Spread the brown sugar and almond powder all over the dough.
4. To get the first row, line up the apples in a straight line and cut out the section. Continue until all the dough is all used up.
5. Mix egg yellow and milk and cover each roll with the mixture.
6. If you wish, sprinkle a little extra brown sugar on top of each roll.
7. Bake in the oven for 18 min at 350° F.
Review this recipe