my own creation
- 1-lb fugi apples- 1-lb granny smith apples- 1/4 to1/2 cup sugar-1/4 to 1/2 cup brown sugar- 2 to 3 tbs flour- 1 tsp vanilla extract- 1 to 2 tsp cinnamon- 1/2 tsp nutmeg.pie crust for 10 inch pie. milk for brushing top crust and sugar.
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 60mins
Cost Average budget
Core,peel and slice apples in a large bowl mix all ingredients into apples let sit while preparing your pie crust.pile apples into pie crust and pour apple juices over apples . place top crust on and crimp to seal edges.brush the top with milk and sprinkle with sugar, cut four slits for steam to escape and bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes then drop tempature down to 375 and cook 45 to 60 minutes till golden brown and apples are tender,cool then serve.
You'll also love
- Christmas Balls 4.1/5 (13 Votes)
- Sweet Red Pepper Chili with Beans 4.1/5 (13 Votes)
- Apple Streudel 4.1/5 (10 Votes)
- Family Zilenick 4.1/5 (12 Votes)
- Gram's Raspberry Dumpling 4.1/5 (14 Votes)
- Broccoli Casserole 4.1/5 (14 Votes)
- Sweet Potato Shepard's Pie 4.1/5 (14 Votes)
- Mini Cheesecakes 4.1/5 (14 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
This French tarte tatin is golden, caramelized apple perfection!
- 1 puff pastry
- 6 apples, sliced
- 3 oz. chilled butter, chopped into chunks
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- Roll out a puff pastry.
- Lay out the apple slices in a pan.
- Add chunks of butter on top of the apples.
- Sprinkle the brown sugar on top.
- Cook for 20 minutes in oven at 350°F, to caramelize the apples.
- Place puff pastry on top of the caramelized apples.
- Cook for 15 minutes at 350°F.