- 2 Cups plain flour
- 1 Cup icing sugar
- 250 g butter, softened
- Pie Filling:
- 6 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and diced
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 Cup sugar
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 40mins
Cost Average budget
Make the pastry by placing all of the pastry ingredients into a food processor and running the processor until a dough forms around the blade. Remove onto a floured surface and bring together into a ball. Split in two and roll each portion out, press one portion into the base of a pie tin and roll the other out flat (for the pie top). Place in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
Place all the filling ingredients into a bowl and combine well. Pour into the pie case. Arrange top piece of pastry over top and bake at 180°C for 40 minutes.
Serve warm, fresh from the oven with cream or ice cream
Tip: If the pastry is too hard to work with when rolling out, put it in the fridge for a while to firm up a bit and it will make it easier to roll out
You'll also love
- Mini Apple Pies 4.1/5 (348 Votes)
- Decadent Apple Pie Bites 4.2/5 (32 Votes)
- oreo pie 4.1/5 (22 Votes)
- Good Ole Mac & Cheese 4.1/5 (19 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Dessert- Creamy Guava 4.1/5 (19 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Yogurt Cake 4/5 (21 Votes)
- Pumpkin pie w/vanilla topping 4.1/5 (9 Votes)
- German Apple Cake 3.6/5 (8 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
This French tarte tatin is golden, caramelized apple perfection!
- 1 puff pastry
- 6 apples, sliced
- 3 oz. chilled butter, chopped into chunks
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- Roll out a puff pastry.
- Lay out the apple slices in a pan.
- Add chunks of butter on top of the apples.
- Sprinkle the brown sugar on top.
- Cook for 20 minutes in oven at 350°F, to caramelize the apples.
- Place puff pastry on top of the caramelized apples.
- Cook for 15 minutes at 350°F.